Chapter 10

S O R I Y A

S O R I Y A

Soriya used her fork to play with her pasta noodles while lazily laying the side of her head on the palm of her hand. She peeked across the table at Hussein to see he was still focused on whatever was on his phone.

She thought she should break the silence.

"So," she put down her fork. "What you been up to?"

It took a moment before he even glanced at her. Unfortunately, all he did was shrug and went back to whatever was on his phone.

"Ok?" She tucked her loose hair behind her ear. "How's your mom?"

"Good," He replied in a bored manner.

Soriya realized it was his way of telling her that he didn't want to be bothered so she left him alone. At this point, she would've rather to work on our project than spend the night talking to herself.

She was highly confused at his behavior, considering he had been the one to invite her to the restaurant,

She pulled out her phone to look through profiles on her social media accounts since Hussein didn't want to talk to her.

At least thirty minutes had passed when Soriya had finally come to conclusion that sh was ready to go. Hussein had already paid the bill and for some reason, they were still just sitting here.

"We can leave now," she wiped her mouth with a napkin as she spoke to him. "It's getting late."

He nodded and tucked his phone in his back pants pocket. Soriya grabbed her jacket and they both sat up to leave.

________

          The ride to Hussein's house was absolutely silent. Soriya understood Hussein wasn't much of a talker, but he made the whole situation awkward. At this point, she was itching to go home.

They pulled up to his house and he quickly cut off the engine.

"Nobody home right now, so we should be good."

She opened the car door and he followed. Even though she was really tired, she knew they had to finish their work.

________

K I N S L E Y

"What's the tea lately, sis?" Soriya asked as she and Kinsley sat down at the lunch table.