Chapter 19

A few days later. . .

D O M I N I Q U E

D O M I N I Q U E

If the sun comes up

And you're not home

I'll be strong

If you're not beside me

I'll do my best to

Carry on

I'll tell the kids about you

When they're old enough to understand

I'll tell them that their daddy was

A good man

Dominique sung the song softly while she brushed the polish onto Soriya's pinkie toe. The music from Dominique's Bluetooth speaker boomed all throughout the house.

Today, Tone had a dentist appointment so he wasn't home at the moment.

Cassidy was still sleeping, so it was just Dominique and Soriya up. Soriya had stayed over last night since she was bored at home.

"Have you talked to him since then?" Dominique asked her sister while putting on the last coat.

Soriya had just finished telling Don the whole drama with Hussein. It honestly reminded Dominique of her high school days.

She remembered all the back and forth with different dudes and the heartbreaks. Dominique was grateful for it all because it helped build who she was today.

You learn many life lessons while you're young.

"I mean I have to since I'm still responsible for tutoring him," she said. "But we only talk about schoolwork, and that's over the phone."

Dominique sighed and twisted the top of the polish onto the bottle.

"He's probably just scared, Bundy."

"Of what, though?" Soriya asked. "It's not hard to just say how you feel."

"It actually is extremely hard," Dominique told her. "Some people aren't as brave as you."

Soriya grabbed the blow dryer from the nightstand and set it on the lowest option. She began to blow it on her toes to dry the polish.