Chapter 23- Epilogue

The warm, summer breeze was flowing through her dark locks as they flapped behind her like silky ribbons of chocolate brown. Camila's hands were clung like a small monkey, wrapping around Lauren's waist and holding on for dear life. Her hard helmet pressed against the leather jacket on her girlfriend's back, and the inside of the helmet cushioned Camila's clammy cheek. They were zooming at 70 miles per hour down a never ending, Mexican road on the coast of the beautiful country.

           Camila's eyes were squeezed tight shut, however, she heard Lauren gasp loudly, and the small girl's head shot up, her bulky helmet almost toppling over. Her heart raced with joy and exhilaration as she too, gasped with astonishment.

            A vast span of glittering ocean stretched out before them, like a deep blue blanket laid calmly across a baby. The clear sky above them was completely cloudless, and the friendly sun gently beat down onto the motorbike they were riding on, washing the whole world with warm, butterfly light. Both girls squealed in excitement as they drove along the dusty, Mexican track beside the stretch of gleaming water.

         Suddenly, Camila felt herself pulling at the helmet which was practically suffocating, and much to the objections of Lauren, she managed to yank it off and place in in the gap between Lauren's bottom and Camila's thighs. The small girl instantly felt a cool gust of wind hit her face, causing every single strand of hair on her head to flow out behind her, tangling and flapping in the breeze. She felt herself let out an exhilarated squeal as her breath left her body and was carried away by the powerful wind. Her pulse thumped, her cheeks flushed and her whole body suddenly felt as light as a feather as she sat on her knees on the back of the motorbike, her warm eyes absorbing every detail of the landscape around her. The straw-coloured, sandy beach, the white-washed cottages and a pair of birds flitting playfully in the clear sky. She was breathless. She was free. She was infinite.

       A rush of adrenaline suddenly pumped into her heart as she let out a cry of pure ecstasy, and the small girl threw out her arms beside her and closed her eyes, letting the warm, Mexican wind hit every cell on her excited body, making her skin crawl with joy. She had never felt so alive.

        "Camz?" Lauren's soft, raspy voice beneath her suddenly yelled. "Welcome to our new home."

-

Author's Notes- OMG I can't believe this book is done! I am aware this is a shorter chapter but I just wanted to give you a brief insight into Lauren and Camila's happier lives!
Thank you so much guys for 1K- I love every single one of you who have been with my on my journey of writing this story!
If you enjoyed this book please vote for it and comment!!
Love you all,
Em <3 :)