Death

I was sound asleep when I heard a knock on the door. I looked at my clock and it said 5:00 am. who could be wanting me this early. it might be mom. maybe she forgot something and had to come back. I get out of bed and walk to the door. I open the door and there are two cops standing on the other side.
The older one says "Are you Parker Wright?"
"Yes" I say.
" I am sorry to tell you but your mother dies this morning. A drunk driver hit her head on and she died on impact." the other officer says.
I start to cry and I fully don't understand what is going on. The officer say " we need you to grab some things and come to the station with us."
I nod my head and grab my kavu backpack and stick my phone and wallet and charger inside. I throw on a sweatshirt and put on a pair of sweatpants. I throw on my backpack and grab a water and I get in the cop car and he takes me to the station. when I get there , there is a child care worker there. she takes me to a room and we sit down.

"Parker, since you are only 16, you can't live on your own and you have no other family, you will live with who your mom requested." the lady says.

"And who is that?" I say.

" Her best friends, Beth and Duane chapman."

" Um I am pretty sure my mom wasn't friends with them. they are famous and we are normal people."

"Before they became famous and before you were born, they were best of friends with the both of your parents."

"So what does this all exactly mean for me?" I say.

" It means you are moving to Hawaii to live with them. you will abide by their rules and laws."

"What if I don't want to go?"

" I am sorry Parker, but you have no choice."

"When do I leave?"

" At twelve today. I will give you a ride back to your house and you will gather your things and we will go to the airport."

"Okay...."

"Parker I know this is a lot to take in so take your time."

After I calm down for a while I go with her back to my house, well soon to be my old house. I unlock the door and go into my room. I pull out my suitcase and put all my shoes and belts and bathroom things in it. then I grab my duffle bag and put all of my clothes in it. Then I grab my backpack that I use for school and put my laptop wrapped in my blanket inside. I pull my hair up and put my kavu backpack back on. we load the car and I go back inside. I grab my four medicine bottles and put them a zip lock bag. I throw them in my kavu bag. I look around and turn and go into my moms room. I walk in and grab her favorite earrings and put them in. I start to cry again. I pick up the picture of us and take it out of the frame and put it into my pocket. I shut all the lights off in the house and get into the car waiting to take me away. we ride in silence the whole way to the airport. we get to the airport and we walk though security and walk down to the gate. the flight begins to board and I look down at my ticket to realize I am in first class seats. I go up to the counter an she scans my ticket. I walk down a hallway and step onto the plane . I sit down and wait for everyone to get on. once everyone is seated we take off. I live in Washington so the flight is only like ten hours. I fall asleep and I am woken up by a flight person to tell me we have landed and I can get off now. I look around and everyone is still seated. I get up and grab my kavu backpack and exit the plane. waiting at the gate is Dog and Beth. I walk up to them and say " hi I am Parker."

" Hi, it nice to finally meet you." Dog says.

We all walk to baggage claim and get my bags. I hop in their SUV and we drive about 45 minutes away to their house. When we get there we walk in. We all sit down at the table and Beth yells "Leland,Duane Lee get in here."

They come in and sit down at the table. Beth says " since we don't have anymore room in our house we have talked to your child care worker and we both agree you should live with Duane Lee,"

"What?" I say.

"Since we have kids and so does Leland we don't have room for you to live with us. It might be only temporary."

"......ok."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Dog says.

"No." I say.

"Ok. I am sure you want some sleep."

We all get up and Duane Lee helps me get my bags and put it in his truck. We hop in and pull out of the driveway.