The Game

Once we get into the dugout for the lineup i suit up because we are taking the field first and i am catcher. I put on my shin guards and pads. We all run two laps and then drink water. The other team takes the field to practice for ten minutes. Will comes up behind me with a gatorade and a poster that says "Number 1 is my sister."

It looks all cute. I hug him and say thankyou for coming. I put on my chest gaurd and take a picture with him. Then dad and grandpa and grandma show up with Leland. Dad comes and gives me a hug and gives me my black face stuff for me and all my team mates. We all put it on our faces and grandma takes a picture. I say "Leland, where's Dakota?"

"I don't know, he should be here."

"Nevermind, there he is."

He runs up and kisses me and shows me his shirt. It say "Number one has my heart."

I say "Aw."

"Gag me!" Dad says.

I punch dad in the arm. Coach says "Parker, come warm up your pitcher."

I throw on my helment and warm up Cassie, our number one pitcher.

Next thing we know the ump says "Take the field."

The batter walks up to the plate and takes her position. The first three batters are struck out and we go inside the dugout. I take off my gear because i am batting second. Cassie makes it to second base. Coach gives me the sign to hit hard. I let the first one go by me. The next one i swing and make contact but it goes foul. The pitcher winds up and it hits my knee. I fall over in pain. Coach runs over and says "Are you alright?"

"I think so."

"Wanna try to walk it off."

"Yes."

He helps me get up and i limp to first and then i try to run. It starts to less so i take my postion on first. The ump resumes the game. Will comes outside the fence by first and says "That's my tough sister." I laugh and the ball is hit and soars into the outfield past the fence. We all run into homebase and gain three runs on the scoreboard. I put my gear back on and try to strectch. My knee is hurting pretty bad and coach say he is not taking any chances so i have to sit out this inning and ice it. Dakota gets me ice and dad brings it to me. He says "Hey babygirl."

"Hey dad."

"How bad i shurting on a scale of 1 to 10."

"7"

"Do you wanna o get it checked out?"

He checks if it is swollen and the he says "Nevermind we are going."

He tells coach and he puts me on his back. Dakota grabs all my stuff and Will follows us to the truck. Everyone piles in and we go to the hospital. Will's checks us in. We wait for an hour before i get called back. They run a bunch of tests and then we wait another hour. Dad is the only one allowed back there so we wait. The doctor comes in. He says "Morgan your knee is sprained and you will be on crutches for two weeks. But we found something with the mri we took."

Dad says "What did you find?"

"You have what we call plica syndrome. It is where your growth plates aren't closing like they should. They are staying open which is causing you to be so tall and keep growing. Have you noticed any pain in my knees."

"When i sleep sometimes bothe of my legs will hurt."

"As i thought, it is easy to take care of but you will have to phyiscal therpay which will help your muscles to stop stressing pain in your legs. As for your knee you will need to wear this straight brace to let it heal." He puts this brace on my leg where i can't move it. He adjusts the crutches to my height. We go into the lobby to meet the rest of the family and tell them what is going on. I ge in Will's truck because i am spending the weekend with him at his apartment. We drive to his apartment and he grabs all my stuff and carries it up for me and then he carries me up the stairs to his apartment.