telling...

I wake up and take a shower. When i get out i put on Dakota's sweatpants he gave me and my favorite shirt that dad gave me. I walk into the living room and get dad to braid my hair. I decide not to put on makeup because if we are telling everyone then i mght just cry all over again. Dad says "They will be here in five minutes."

For some reason my heart starts beating hard and fast. Dad sees the rush of panic on my face and he comes over to hug me. He says "I am right here."

"I know. Thankyou for always being there for me." I say.

"thankyou for trusting me last night with something as important as it was. You mean everything to me Parker."

"You mean everything to me too dad."

Thats when we hear a knock on the door. We let everyone in and Dakota comes over towards me and dad says "Before you two talk Dakota we have something to tell all of you and that will explain everything."

Dad and i sit on the couch togther. Dog and Beth and Sonny sit on the other couch. Dakota and Leland sit on the floor. I am already getting uncomfartable just thinking about it coming out. dad says "Dakota why don't you tell us what your agruement from last night with Parker was about."

He says "I felt like she doesn't want to be in the realtionship because she doesn't show hardly any affectiion."

My stomach drops when dad says "Parker do you want to tell them or should i?"

I whisper in his ear and say "I will but i might need you for backup."

He nods and kisses me on the forehead. i say "Well when i was six i made a new friend named Anna. As normal we spent the night at each others houses. She had a brother named Shaun and he was 18."

I start crying and dad starts crying but finishes it for me. "One night when she had to go to the bathroom. Anna was already alseep. She came out of the bathroom and thats when anna brother grabbed her and took her to his room. He raped her. He raped her for two years and the only reason it stopped was because her and her mom moved." 

Halfway through dad talking i cover my face with a pillow and let the tears flow. When dad finishes he pulls the pillow from my face and hugs me. I bury my face in his chest. When he lets go i see Dakota in utter shock. I say "Dakota thats why i couldnt. Every time i tried i thought of that. I am so sorry."

He comes over to me and says "You have nothing to be sorry about. I am sorry i pushed you, it was a stupid agruement." He hugs me and kisses me on my head. Everyone faces are in shock and disbelief when i look around the room. Dog says "Daune Lee, what have you two decided to do about this."

I say "I want justice."

"Then we will go get that motherfucker."

"Grandpa, thankyou."

He comes over and hugs me and says "You called me grandpa."

"Because that's what you are and Beth is my grandma."

They cry and we do a big group hug. We all sit back in our spots and Grandma and Grandpa cook some food. Dakota stays beside me and i snuggle up to him. He says "Parker, i will never let that happen to you again." I sqeeze him tighter.

Daune Lee's point of veiw:

Leland says "Daune Lee lets go talk outside."

We walk on to the back porch and close the sliding glass door. We sit down and he says "Are you okay? How are you coping with this?"