See you again

I wak up to the smell of pancakes. I walk with the crutches into the kitchen. I see Will making pancakes and he hears me and turns around and says "Good morning lil sis."

"Good mornng." I say.

I sit at the bar and he brings over a plate of pancakes with whipcream and surup. I kiss him on the cheek and dig in. Once i finish eating , my phone lights up and says DADDY:). I anwser the call and say "Hello?"

"Hey sweetie, can you get WIll to bring you home, we have some bad news."

"Okay dad, what is it?"

"I don't want to say it over the phone. Have him bring you to Grandpa and Grandma's."

"Okay see you in a little bit."

I look at will and tell him what dad told me. I go to the bathroom and pull my hair up in a sock bun. I throw on my volleyball practice jersey and brush my teeth. I tie my black sneakers and grab all my things and we get into the truck and head there. 

On the way there my head twists in knots thinking of all the possible things that could have gone wrong. We pull up and i punch the gate code in and we drive in. WIll grabs all of my stuff and puts it in Dad's truck. He hugs me and says "I have to go, but call me later okay."

He kisses my forehead and says "I love you."

"I love you too."

I slowly get my way into the door. When i open it everyones eyes are red and puffy. I see dad and he comes over and picks me up and carries me to the couch. He says "Parker, You remember your favorite camera man Steve?"

"Yes, what about him? Did he get hurt, did he die, what happened?"

"He died parker. He was part of a hit and run accident last night. He died on impact from the other car hitting his side. I am so sorry."

I start to cry and dad hugs me while i cry. He says "Clean your face, like we are all about to do. We are going to go see Steve's family."

"Okay."

I go into the bathroom and wash my face. The redness goes away and i put visine in my eyes to take away the rest. When i step out of the bathroom i see Dakota. He comes up to me and bear hus me. He puts me down and he grabs my face and pulls it to his. We kiss and he pulls away after a while. I breathe out and he hugs me. I stay there in his arms till dad yells "Let's go everyone."

Dakota picks me up bridal style and carries me to his hummer. He puts me in the passenger side. He walks around and gets in the driver side. He starts the hummer and we follow everyone to Steve's house. On the way there he says "I love you more than you will ever know. When i heard the song and saw the text i fell even more in love with you. You mean everything to me. Look in the glove box and pull out a blue ring box. This ring is a promise to be faithful and to wait for you how ever long that may take until we get married."

I lift up the box to see a beatiful silver ring. It is an infinty sign with rhinestons on it. I slip it on my finger and grin. He says "Your dad knows, he was just waiting for me to give it to you."

"I love you Dakota."

"I love you too babe."

We pull up at Steve's and i take off the ring. He says "What are you doing?"

"The attention shouldn't be on me right now but instead thier family."

He comes over and I say "These crutches are useless. My knee feels fine."

He says "I am still carrying you on my back." I give in and hop onto his back and he carries me inside. When we walk through the front door the tears start flowing wetting the back of Dakota's shirt. He puts me down on the couch. I say to his  wife "I am so sorry for your loss."