My Suprise.....

I put on my sneakers and get in dad's truck. He brings out two bags and drives us to what looks like a gym. On the way there I get a text from Dakota that says "Morning Beatiful, hope you have fun with Duane Lee today."

I smile and send him kissy faced emjios. We get out of the truck and he takes my phone from me and says "You can have it back at the end of the day." I frown and follow him inside. We walk in and in the middle of the place is a boxing ring. I look to dad and he says "I want you to be able to defend yourself if god forbid you have to."

"Thanks Dad."

He hugs me and Sonny walks up. I say "What is Sonny doing here?"

"He owns it but he also works for us with bounty hunting."

"Oh."

Dad hands me a bag and tells me to go change. I walk to the locker room and pull a psorts bag and spandex shorts out. I throw them on and walk out into the gym. Dad tapes my hands up. Then i put on some boxing gloves. First we work on footwork and then hitting a punching bag. Then i hit sonny's hands. Then dad climbs in the ring and pulls off his shirt and we battle it out. Leland walks in the gym with Dakota. Daune Lee says "I said you could come but not to bring him or she will be distracted."

"No i can focus." I say.

Leland says "Morgan, i am going to help teach you how to fight and Dakota is your punching bag."

Dakota goes and changes and comes back and he is shirtless with loose shorts. He wraps his hands up and puts on boxing gloves. He steps in the ring and Lelnad shows me what to do and then i do it to Dakota. By the end of the day with only one break, to eat, i have mastered enough to defend myself. Dad says " Good job, we are going to be coming every weekend."

I hold a thumbs up even though i am so tired and sore. Dad picks me up and carries me on his back to the truck. Dakota comes over and leans in the window and says "Text me. Bye princess." He kisses me on my cheek.