Inseperable

Dan and Phil were inseparable; this much was clear to any casual observer.

There were times that required separation, albeit brief, though they did their best to avoid situations that forced them apart.

Dan had been accompanying Phil to work for weeks. He both wanted to learn about the art of filmmaking and to be close to his lover.

Phil's colleagues were generally accepting of Dan's presence, though it took awhile for some to understand the true nature of their relationship. There was Grant, an executive producer and old friend, who often teased Phil about having a "sweet tooth" and bringing his "candy to work."

"He's not my sugar baby Grant; he's my partner and my apprentice." Phil corrected. He wasn't irritated, for the origin of their relationship was not a secret among friends. It was simply a matter of explanation. Before long, the crew knew that Dan was "Lester's boy," and he was treated with consideration and respect just for the association. Dan, of course, charmed everyone with his personality and willingness to learn. He was a welcome addition to the team.

Dan was like a sponge, in fact, soaking up every experience on and off set. He truly loved to watch Phil work; it was inspiring, and he fell a bit deeper in love with him every single day. It made him proud to see everything come back to Phil.

Although Phil was dedicated to his work, he always made time for his baby. He would always make sure that Dan was around to see things happen, and he often found ways to pull his boyfriend aside to show him a little love.

"Daniel? May I see you privately, just for a moment?"

Dan looked up from the revised script, which he had been marking for Phil, and smiled.

They stepped aside, around a quiet corner. "Two things. Alexander Post is an incredibly talented photographer, and he is coming in from New York City this evening to meet with us about still photography for the film. I want you to meet him. Does that sound okay Sweetheart?"

Dan's face brightened, and his smile grew. "Really? I'd love to Phil." He giggled. "What's the other thing?" Dan tiled his head to the left.

"Oh," Phil smiled. "I just wanted to tell you that I love you, and that I'm so proud of you." He reached up and tucked a single curl behind Dan's ear and kissed his cheek sweetly. "Everyone adores you." Phil grinned stupidly; he was so in love.

Dan returned the look. "Phil, you're making me blush. Stop." Dan winked and whispered, "I love you too."

They held hands for a moment, each photographing the other in his mind. There was so much love between them already.

"Phil? Patrick's on the line." The call came from around the corner, where the chaos continued. Phil wanted to stay here with Dan a moment longer. He sighed regretfully.

"Thanks Paul. Be right there." Phil called back without taking his eyes from his baby, who looked absolutely breathtaking with his windblown curls and golden skin.

Dan pouted playfully but mouthed a "love you," and released Phil's fingertips. He watched as his lover stumbled clumsily backwards to take the call.

"Love you more," Phil mouthed back, nearly tripping over the case of camera equipment behind him. Dan laughed and felt his heart lift into his throat.

* * *

Dinner went along splendidly. Alexander Post was a man who shared Phil's vision and appreciated Dan's enthusiasm.

"You know, I have been waiting to work with your friend for years," Alexander spoke to Dan, nodding to Phil. "You probably already know this, but you are incredibly lucky to be working with Mr. Lester."