The Fear of Forever

Dan sucked on two of his own fingers as he lifted his hips; he needed Phil.

Though they were rarely apart, there were times in which separation was unavoidable. Neither man cared to be without the other, though others warned that too much time spent together would make things go sour.

The only thing that came from time spent together was the mutual desire to spend forever together, though the word 'forever,' remained unspoken.

"It's healthy Phil." One of the older members of Phil's core film crew gripped his shoulder in a fatherly way. "You know, Vivian and I lived together, worked together, and slept together for almost ten years. It was too much, and we drove each other mad. I can't say I'd recommend it," Henry laughed, but then his face slacked with seriousness, and his shoulders rounded inward. "Well, you know the rest," he spoke quietly, sadly.

Phil wanted to say that he and Dan were different, that they were young, and fresh, and madly, deeply, stupidly, in love. He wanted to flick his wrist and say 'to hell with all that.' Henry was, in many ways, like a father to Phil. He had been with him from the beginning.

"I'm so sorry Henry," Phil said in a near whisper. The split had been mutual, nevertheless painful for poor Henry. It always bothered Phil that his friend hadn't been able to find love and companionship again.

"My best advice? Let yourselves miss each other a little bit. You know what they say about absence?"

"Yeah," Phil grinned, "I do.

"Moderation Phil. Give each other a bit of space, and I reckon you two will last a lifetime." Henry smiled and winked.

Phil smiled back. He supposed it wouldn't hurt to allow themselves a little space. Surely it was healthy to have at least one or two separate interests.

The more Phil considered it, the more his chest ached for Dan. Even the thought of being separated from him had his stomach in knots. He loved the boy so completely, so deeply, that he experienced physical pain when there was distance between them.

"Henry? I've got something to attend to; I'll be back in two hours." Phil was gone before the old man could roll his eyes and chuckle.

                       * * *

He walked in to find Dan aggressively sucking on his right index and middle fingers, lifting his narrow hips up off of the sofa.

"I'm here Daniel," Phil had his hands on his belt, loosening its grip on his trousers. Dan looked up at him with something like surprise and relief. He pulled his long, wet, fingers from his lips and reached out for Phil, who was already down to his pants.

"Phil...Daddy...you're here," Dan panted raggedly. He had not felt this kind of longing before. It was much more than physical desire; it was the need to be close and connected to Phil.

"I had to see you," Phil purred as he lay down beside him. "I had to hold you and touch you." He held Dan's moon-shaped face in his hands and kissed him passionately. There was a little sound, a moan of pleasant surprise, and then a low groan.

"I fucking missed you," Dan scrabbled to hold Phil's face in the same way. He looked into his daddy's eyes and kissed him with matched intensity. "How'd you know that I needed you like this?"

They kissed some more, the lovely wet, desperate, smacking sounds echoing back to them. "I had the overwhelming urge to be with you. It was insatiable Daniel," Phil kissed the round apples of Dan's lifted cheekbones and pulled their bodies closely together. "Donovan brought me straight to you."

Dan loved that Phil's desire, his pull, was just as strong as his own. He worried, in the beginning, that Phil didn't share his feelings.

Dan was mistaken. He was a fool.