-10-

That night, Yuto didn't sleep. All this time, he was falling for a monster. He wanted to cry and hide away, pretend non of it ever happened but it was too late. He'd already fallen for him and hard. Yuto started to let the tears slip and a wail escaped his lips. Goddamnit! Why?

—10–

Shay pulled up to the Leo Corp apartment complex early in the morning. Lulu said apartment 12c, he reminded himself as he got out of the car. As he went to ring the bell the door opened revealing Declan Akaba himself. "Hey watch where you're going," Shay moaned.

"Apologies," Declan bowed his head before turning behind him. "Emi I believe your ride is here."

A young woman, that Lulu had described perfectly, appeared from behind Declan. "You must be Shay?" She smiled a smile similar to Yuya's and shuck Shay's hand. "Apologies for making you come and get me." She turned to Declan with a straight face. "I assume that you will leave now!"

"Indeed." Declan proclaimed walking down the stairs. "It was a pleasure, Shay."

Shay couldn't believe that ignorants man just brushed him off. "Thank you again for this," Emi bowed. It as true what Lulu had said, she was polite, well spoken and her hair was a deep red like the red in Yuya's hair and Her eyes an ocean blue. "Apologies for Declan he wanted to make sure if I needed anything accommodating for my little brother to move in with me."

Shay led Emi to the car who currently had a spring in her step. The car journey was quiet as Emi stared out the window, all that Shay thought about was how alike she and Yuya were in personality. Their curiosities seem to lead the way. She gasped as they pulled up to the beach side house. "It's beautiful," She awed as she jumped out of the car.

"My sister and I live here with Yuto," shay explained escorting Emi to the door, "it was only meant to be temporary but it's sort of stuck that way. Well if you're ready."

Emi nodded following shay to the door. It was unnerving slightly so Shay however, especially after learning that Yuto had kicked Yuya out of his room because he discovered he's a mermaid. "Sis I brought a guest," he proclaimed and Lulu appeared in the hallway.

"Good to see you again Lulu," Emi bowed. "Also Thank you for taking care of my brother."

"No problem," Lulu smiled grabbing Emi's hand. She pulled her along into the living room where Yuya was waiting patiently on the sofa. Yuya looked Up, his eyes where red raw from the crying the previous night. "Sis!" He cried our lunging for her.

"Yuya!" She cried back happily. They wrapped their arms tightly around each other, neither wanting to let go. "Why are you here?"

"I missed you and I wanted to see you," Yuya mumbled. "Even though I know you've been busy."

"Well you know I need to get you home," Yuya's face dropped and he nodded.

"But how come?" Lulu asked. "You're able to live here why can't Yuya?"

Emi sighed. "Mermaids can only maintain a human form once we reach of age," she started to explain. "Yuya is only seventeen and is a year off his full maturity."

"So that means what?" Shay shrugged.

Emi looked to Yuya as if to get him to explain what he did wrong. He started to play with his hands and he took a deep breathe. "It hurts for me to walk because my body hasn't full developed," he concluded. "A mermaid Is given a pendant which helps maintain the balance in our bodies when we turn human but we only get them when we turn eighteen. If we turn before our maturity it can cause great pain and even damage to us."

Lulu looked as if she was going to cry. So Yuya was in pain the whole time he was here and hid it behind his smile? How could such a young boy keep up such a brave face? "So that's why I need to send Yuya back home," Emi advised. "He's not long off his full maturity but he now needs to wait a year until he can turn again to ensure no damage has occurred."

Lulu walked up to Yuya and hugged him tightly. "So this is goodbye," she whispered feeling Yuya hug back.

"Not forever," Emi smiled. "He can come back and live here with me so you can see each other again."

"Don't bother," everyone turned to see Yuto standing at the door, his eyes dark and around them was red. "Mermaids are killers! They don't deserve kindness." Yuya gasped and hid behind his sister. Emi's eyes widen in panic, there were still humans who thought that way. "Why should I believe Yuya and you are no different?"

"Yuto don't be stupid," Shay yelled. "You had nothing bad to say about Yuya when you didn't know he was Mermaid."

"Just get out," Yuto screamed again looking with tears in his eyes. "Please get out."

Emi wasted no time grabbing Yuya's and dragging through the front door but not before saying one thing to Yuto; "Humans are just as bad."