-38-

Yuya had yet to experience a visit to the hospital. By Yuto's surprise, Yuya hadn't gotten ill. Perhaps it was due to a magical property in a mermaid's body. Yuya shivered as he entered the hospital holding onto his lover's arm. Somehow, he felt that things could still before worse for him over the next few days, depending on the information that Declan found. He watched as Shay ran up to the desk frantically asking about Lulu.

The nurse directed them to the third door on the left, then to the last room at the end of the hallway. "What happened to Lulu?" Yuya asked quietly as not to worry Shay or irritate him with further questions.

"Lulu experienced some bleeding," Yuto tried to explain that Lulu had woken up to find blood on her bed in between her legs. He tried to explain in a human pregnancy that unfortunately this was an indication that the baby was in danger so Lulu call Shay, who was residing at Declan's for the evening and told him she admitted herself into A and E. "That's why we tried to call you. We wanted you to be there for Lulu in case things go wrong. She needs her friends and family right now."

Yuya just nodded, still unsure of the situation. Once they made it to the room Shay was pulled aside by the doctor and Emi asked if she could continue into the room. Shay allowed this while Yuya and Yuto sat on a nearby bench. Yuya rested his head on the older male's shoulder as his feet, that barely touched the floor, swung aimlessly. "Yuya," Yuto began. "There's something you're not telling me, isn't there?" From the moment Yuto laid eyes on Yuya this morning he could see the tear stain cheeks and puffy eyes, he knew Yuya had been crying. But why? Yuya tried to advert his gaze only for Yuto to grab a firm hold of his chin forcing Yuya to look him in the eyes. "You need to be honest with me."

Yuya felt embarrassed and his heart was shattering. "Humans, you live so little," He said, tears forming in the corner of his eyes. "While mermaids we can live hundreds of years."Yuto raised an eyebrow, he wasn't sure where the conversation was going. What did Yuya mean? "I want to live a long life with Yuto but I'll out live Yuto. I don't want that! I want to be with Yuto for a very long time!"

Yuya hid his face in Yuto's chest as he cried. Yuto bit his lip holding onto Yuya tightly, not wanting to let go. He understood, mermaids, humans, they live sperate lives because one out lives the other. This meant that maybe he and Yuya weren't destined to ever meet, or maybe it was a cruel twist of fate. "Yuya it's okay," He tried to assure himself as well as Yuya. "We can find a way, surely there's something that will allow us to grow old together."

You think so?" Yuya sniffed as he looked up at his lover. The look of those wonderous grey eyes somehow helped him calm down.

Yuto nodded, "There has to be!" He proclaimed. "Or else you surely wouldn't have got your mark!"

Yuya's eyes widened in realisation. That's right, he had a mate mark, one that showed he belonged and once destined to one certain person. Suddenly there was a large smile of his face. "Yes, that's right," He whispered, trying to keep his voice low for the other people in the world. "That means that there just has to be a way."

The two held each other silently, hope had been brought back to Yuya and now all they needed was the good news that Lulu was okay. They remained in silence for another 10 minutes or so. By the time Shay had been escorted into Lulu's room and Emi asked to wait out in the halls with the two. They weren't sure of what was happening in Lulu's room and were anxious to know if everything would be okay. "Lulu told me she tried to get hold of Dennis," Emmi sighed sadly. "But he didn't answer he cell or his home number. They tried his dad but he didn't know where he was."

Yuto let out an angry groan. How could he just ignore Lulu's messages and calls, the person he loves needs him? "What a moron?" Yuto hissed causing Yuya to jump slightly. "Honestly, he should be here by her side more than ever."

"We need to stay calm for Lulu," Yuya almost snapped at Yuto. He didn't like seeing the angry side to his lover and wanted to ensure that Yuto wouldn't do anything stupid while he was in this particular mood. "If Dennis isn't here at least we are."

With that said, Yuto hung his head in shame. Perhaps Dennis had his phone off or he was already at work so no one could get hold of him. There were reasons why he may not have his phone, so he shouldn't default to his protective mode. The doctor and Shay came out moments later, soft sobbing could be heard from inside the room. "It's gone," Shay chocked trying to hold back tears. Yuya looked confused. "The baby, the baby died. There wasn't anything that could be done to save it. I'm sorry I have to go back in." 

Yuto's grip left Yuya's as he followed Shay inside. The doctor bid a farewell to Emi and Yuya as he went off to see his next patient. "Poor Lulu," Emi sobbed. "I didn't realise humans could lose babies."

Yuya was speechless, these past few days had been a rollercoaster of news and emotions. A human's lifespan was shorter and now he learnt humans could lose babies before they were even born. Perhaps, he shouldn't have tired living as a human.