--14--

Shay continued to mumble under his breath. How, how did he end up working for Declan Akaba, that dumbass cutie! Wait....

No he was not cute, Shay reminded himself. As Shay had an architect degrees Declan took it upon himself to hire Shay for the Mermaid Congress building where diplomatic issues would be brought up. Since completing his degree Shay found it hard to find work int he field, so when Declan proposed the job to him he didn't want to turn it down. "So how is the building coming along?" He knew that voice. Looking up he saw Declan, on the hottest day of the year wearing his normal red scarf and holding two cups. "I assume progress is being made."

"Well you assume right," shay scoffed. He raised an eye brow as his boss placed a cup next to him. "And this is.."

"It's merely coffee." Declan explained. "A thank you for staying late the other night."

Shay felt his cheek heat up slightly. "Honestly it's fine," he mumbled turning back to his book. "So Tell me," curiosity started to get the better of Shay knowing just him and Declan were in the building. "Why are you doing this?"

Declan took a moment before his answered. "Well," he pulled a seat out from next to Shay and sat down. "My younger sister, Riley, was saved by a mermaid. In particularly Emi."

"What?" Shay gasped dropping his pen. "She was saved by Emi."

Declan continued to explain how He and Riley were playing by the shore when Riley slipped. It was only seconds after when she resurface in Emi's arms. "Riley became obsessed with the real mermaid and we went back to see her," he continued. "Somehow we ended up teaching her how to read and about how humans lived so I asked her to join the project."

"But why do all that?" Shay asked.

"Because What was once a peaceful place became hateful and full of war," Declan explained. "But seeing Riley smile the way she did at a mermaid made my happy to so I want the worlds to work together again."

So the whole reason he was going through all this, was for his sister? That was kind of sweet actually and something Shay could relate to. "Sorry I asked," shay muttered.

"No it's fine," Declan stood, leaving his cup on the table. Shay blushed deeper Declan he placed his chin into his hands. "I'd like to get to know you better too."

Declan licked his lips as he watched Shay fluster. What the hell? Shay screamed in his head. Surely this is sexual harassment! "I'll be on my way," was all Declan said as he left the office.

Shay sat confused, did Declan just make open advances on him?

—14–

"So turns out Yuya's school is run by a dolphin," Yuto laughed as he Lulu and Shay sat at the dinner table. 

"How does that work?" Shay raised an eye brow.

"It's all telepathic," Yuto explained. "Apparently dolphins are really good teachers." Lulu couldn't help but laugh. She did always like dolphins, maybe they could teach her too. It seemed that because of Yuya, Yuto began to embrace the nature and the history of mermaids more.  It has now been a month since Yuya returned to his ocean home but always ensured that he returned every weekend at the shore to meet with his beloved Yuto. "He also told me that where the shore is now, there used to be a festival where mermaids and humans would come together to learn from each other and smile. Although since the incident it stopped." 

Yuto's mood seemed to damper when he mentioned the incident. "Well I'm sure that the embassy Declan is building on the hill near the shore will be able to start the festival up again," Shay said contributing to the conversation. "He seems keen to kick start the project sooner then later." 

Lulu gave Shay a cheeky grin. "You've been talking about Declan a lot recently," She laughed. "Are you perhaps smitten?" 

Shay nearly joked on his food. "You know I did notice Declan bringing you some coffee the other day," Yuto joined with a similar cheeky grin. "I think someone has it in for the boss." 

Shay's face heat up the more the pair continued to tease him. "Enough," He grwoled getting up. "I'm heading to bed!"

With that, Shay left the room. "Perhaps we were too harsh," Yuto smiled and Lulu nodded in agreement. "Although, the truth is I can't wait for the embassy either." 

"Well why's that?" Lulu questions. 

"Well, it will help some of the rules change for when Yuya comes back here," Yuto's smile was soft as he spoke lovingly about his young lover. "If what Declan has planned, Yuya can go to a school here and well we could..."

"Could what?"

"We could look at getting married," Yuto blushed. 

"You're really serious about him aren't you?" Lulu laughed. "Well if you two get married, can I be the planner?"

Yuto simply laughed along side Lulu. She was right, he was serious. About his feelings and about one day getting married.