~7~

~7~

϶ Alpha ϵ

It was just a normal morning. We woke up in the Big House by the warning breakfast bell. I didn't know what it was, but the team has been waking up later than usual, maybe it was because of the time change. I yawned, making a mental note to ask Beckendorf about it later before stretching my arms and getting out of bed, cracking my back.

I patted over to the coat hanger and grabbed my cloak. Throwing it on before clipping it into place, I sighed and walked over to the mirror, staring at my cloaked self. Closing my eyes, I shook my head. I couldn't show my face, not yet. It would make it too weird, too suspicious. Right? I looked at my reflection once more before shaking my head and letting out a little breath, then left the room. I fixed my hood and checked my sword before knocking on Beta's door.

It immediately opened and she smiled at me. I nodded to her and let her go past as we went and knocked on all of the other doors. I paused at Epsilon's door, before knocking on it and he called out "it's open". After closing the door behind me, I saw Epsilon cleaning his sword. He was already in his cloak and he looked at me from under his hood, his flaked sea green eyes sending a small shiver down my back.

"It's breakfast," I told him and he nodded. He got up and sheathed his sword, Riptide. I was now used to the new look of the old sword, but now and then I would think about the original and be slightly sad that it was changed so much. I didn't even recognize it when he first told us it was him, or when he first showed up.

He followed me out the door and the Big House, only walking beside me when we got out of the building and were heading to the pavilion. The E-team was already there, they were laughing, talking and overall having a good time while ignoring all of the stares. I would've thought that after three days they would already be done with the gossiping, but knowing this camp, either the Hermes or Aphrodite cabins were mostly responsible for them.

"Morning Alpha, Epsilon," Beta greeted, a sweet smile on her lips.

"Beta," Epsilon responded and nodded to the others and then they started to eat. It was a rule that Beta came up with, I thought that it was good to respect our leader.

I remember when he first arrived, he was very mysterious and closed. He didn't talk much, he mostly ate alone in his room or with his old housekeeper, Juna. He didn't open up that much until a few decades later and told us the mild version of what he went through. How he ended up as Epsilon, how he got his arm, blah blah blah blah blah. He said that between when he was Percy and Epsilon, he didn't go by a name and Juna always called him "Sir" so it wasn't as hard for them.

I knew that even though I was the first to arrive in the E-team that didn't mean that I was the leader. I learned this from Chaos before all the others arrived. Beta was first, then Gamma and Delta, Epsilon and finally Zeta. I knew that Zeta would've been Gamma if she hadn't went and traveled the world, only joining a few decades ago. Gamma and Delta would've been Beta and Gamma if it wasn't for the fact that they only joined after they were wed. I was especially glad that Epsilon came along and took the name of leader, he was a much better one than me.

I took a bite of my eggs and looked at Epsilon, only to see him look around, his eyes filled with confusion and...pain? Maybe. I didn't know exactly, he was my best friend for around 100 years, but he was good at hiding his emotions. Percy wasn't, but Epsilon was.

Then, it happened. His eyes drifted close and he swayed slightly. I furrowed my brow and thanks to my great seat, I could see that Annabeth was also swaying, her eyes were closed already though and she fell backwards. Her siblings cried out and one of them thankfully caught her. Beta's arm shot out and she kept Epsilon from slumping forward in his seat.

I looked at Beta and she shared the same wide eyed look of fear. What. In. Chaos's. Name.

Until Next Time