~13~

~13~

϶ Epsilon ϵ

I didn't want another person to go down there and experience it, but she was right, if she didn't go, who would...

My eyes watched as the demigods walked around the camp, some were carrying armor and others were holding bundles of covered weapons. The pegasi were prancing around in the air and on the ground. Other demigods were all gathered around the pavilion, the young ones. I assumed that some of the older demigods were trying to keep them from knowing how bad this was going to be.

The second wave could be on us at any moment. The skies had darkened considerably and I wondered if it was going to rain for the second time since the metal bull. I knew that the protection field was growing weak, otherwise there would've been sun as the clouds bent around the top of the invisible dome.

"Epsilon," someone called quietly, I turned my head and was met with Beta's soft brown eyes.

"Beta," I greeted and she came to sit down beside me.

She hesitated for a moment. "It's about Tartarus. The doors are open, I can feel them and there is definitely more monsters then there is supposed to be, especially after the first wave. The Amazons have also notified us that they are heading to Camp Jupiter, it's not safe for them anymore."

I looked down before looked at her from the side. "What are you suggesting, Beta?"

She let out a small sigh and turned to face me fully, straightening her back. "Permission to go to Tartarus to close the doors. And don't you dare say "Permission denied". If I don't go down there, who will? Alpha? He can't, you know that if he went down there he would possibly break. Please, Epsilon, I have to do this. I won't let anyone else go, I can't." She looked at me pleadingly. "He can't go back down there, you know that. You're needed up here and Annabeth, she won't survive on her own."

I stared at her and she dropped her gaze. "Permission granted, but try to do it quickly. We'll need you to be back as soon as possible. Go and find Bob, Small Bob and Damasen, if they helped Nico and I, they'll help you." She nodded and hugged me.

"I'll be back before you know it," with that, she left and I heard as her footsteps became smaller and smaller.

It felt like my team was slowly shrinking even though it was only Beta, but she was a big part of the team. She was always there if you needed to talk and took on the mother figure roll. She was needed up here, but I knew that she was the most suited for the job.

Sighing, I stood up and went to the coat rack, only to stop when I remembered that I left my cloak outside. Shaking my head, I left the Big House and headed towards Gamma who was hammering away at the blade of a sword.

"How much longer will it take?" I asked, stopping so that a good amount of space was still between me and the sparks.

He stood up straight and sighed. "I don't know, maybe an hour or two, why?" I looked up at the sky and he did too before whistling. "Okay, I'll tell the others to go full steam." I nodded, then left.

In the distance, I could see Beta as she hugged both her siblings. On her belt was a flask of nectar and a pouch of ambrosia. They were enchanted so when she went down there, they wouldn't fall off or be broken. The E-team all had the same thing, but it was unlikely that we would carry it around with us, though I should probably tell them to, this was going to be a long week.

It was going to be a very long week. Or couple of days. The second wave was almost upon us, we needed to keep moving as fast as we could. I knew that if we didn't get to a certain point of defenses, we were done for. Epsilon.

Until Next Time