~21~

~21~

϶ Epsilon ϵ

I will admit that I was waiting for him and was not even thinking about going to help them. I didn't think that he had what he had, but I needed it.

"Well, well, well. We meet again," an amused voice said from behind me. I stood stalk still, watching as they took Shawn's body to the tent that held the dead. "I'm assuming that you were waiting for me, or you just really didn't like that demigod." I turned my head slightly to the left and narrowed my eyes.

"I wouldn't miss this for the world," I responded sarcastically.

"You wound me, Eppy, you really do," he let out a little chuckle before walking around me, standing right in front of my view and sighed, not even facing me. "Neka, she was quite a beautiful girl, wouldn't you think? She had such nice silky, strawberry blonde hair and kind, soft eyes. You always attract the weird ones though, don't you? First it was Annabeth, then Rachel, Calypso and Reyna and finally Neka. You could make your own kingdom with all the girls that seem to swoon over you, after all there was those multiple girls you never took notice to on Planet Chaos."

"I don't need love, I don't want it," I replied and he scoffed, shaking his head.

"Everyone needs someone love, I even have one, but that's not the point. You see, I know a way to bring back a certain somebody," he said in a sing song voice and smirked, holding up a small, tear drop shaped vial that was connected to a chain. The light reflected off of it as he turned it around in his hand. "This is what your looking for, isn't it? You know how hard it is to get a tear of a dying race, such a drag for a useless girl is you ask me."

He chuckled and shook his head. "But, you don't see her as useless, do you? She used to work for me, and yet you still want to see her even if it's only once. Pathetic. And here I thought that I was watching you grow stronger, oh well."

I narrowed my eyes when he turned towards me, meeting my gaze. "How bout this, a duel. You love duels, don't you? If I win, you come with me. If you win, then you get this vial and I get to leave unscathed."

"Deal."

He was skilled, I would have to give him that. He was agile and strong, I'll have to admit that at times he even able to make me doubt myself, but still, even with all the power he had, he was no match for me.

"Give me the vial," I ordered and he sighed, dropping it in my hand.

"A deals a deal I guess. Well, I must be going now, there's some business I need to attend to," he then snapped his fingers and was gone.

I looked at the small thing in my hand and put it around my neck. My eyes went over to the others and noticed that the monsters were mostly gone. I closed my eyes and scanned the battle field before opening them, sensing that they were able to take down Kronos.

I let out a small sigh and walked towards Alpha and the others. He was leaning against a tree while Beta was giving him some nectar and ambrosia. Annabeth was standing to the side, talking with some of her siblings and looked up when she saw me. My eyes then slid towards the blood stain on the ground.

"You," I called, pointing to a random demigod, "Go to Chiron and tell him to start setting up the amphitheater for the dead." They nodded and scurried off towards the med tents. I looked around the field with my eyes this time and saw many of the A-team members wounded or possibly dead. My warriors were also worn as they were led to the med tents as well. I could see many demigods and human lying around in the gold dust, flora and fauna everywhere signally the death of satyrs, in the woods there were trees that were dead and the water seemed to be still, making it look like glass.

I closed my eyes before moving towards Alpha. "How are you? Can you stand?" I asked and he nodded, using the tree as help after waving Beta away. "I asked if you can stand, not to do it."

"I'm okay," he rasped. He would not meet my gaze, making me wonder how much energy the Liptis was able to take. "I'll be fine, it's just a little bruise." Only then did I notice the small bump that was forming on his head, my guess was that Beta hit him harder than she thought.

"Come on, let's go see to the others," Beta said to him and led him away, following the main stream of people.

I turned to look at Annabeth, who had been standing there and was staring at me. "What?" I snapped and she startled.

"Sorry," she apologized before walking away, mumbling something to herself.

Death is not something you make fun of, it's something that happens every second of your life and you can never escape it. Over one hundred allies died that day and I will never forget the looks that many people had.

"May their souls rest in Elysium," Nico concluded as the shrouds were lit. The amphitheater was silent, not even the most confident and/or boisterous was able to say a word. Friends, family, allies, were dead.

Five hundred years ago, the camps had lost hundreds in the span of five years and there was no way to bring them back. Only the few lucky ones, the worthy ones, were given a choice of a different kind of rebirth, one where they would protect those who were attacked so that they could have the life that we were and aren't able to have.

Many married, others explored the Universe and some retired, but I knew that with Omega growing in power, many would have to fight for their lives and their families. This was only the beginning and I wondered when the end was going to be.

The beginning of the end, that's what they call it. I knew that this was only the beginning, but not of the end. That was far in the future, I could feel it. Until Omega is stopped, I knew that I would not be able to rest. Epsilon.

Until Next Time