~20~

~20~

϶ Annabeth ϵ

The thundering sounds of the many feet shook the ground like the aftershock of an earthquake. If it wasn't for the fact that Gaea was taken out centuries ago, then I would've thought she was rising. I remember when Percy had dropped a drop of blood from his nose bleed, it was one of the things I would never forget. Afterwards, I remember the happiness of being alive with my friends and siblings and then it all went to hell about a year later.

The first swords clashed together and battle cries could be heard across the field. Some of the greatest foes of all time were there and I was hoping that the giants weren't there also, but I knew that if they weren't then it would be too good to be true.

I didn't know why they decided to attack us when they did. It was like it was either everything or nothing. I hoped that it was because Bianca closed the doors of death.

Pushing those thoughts away, I charged and what seemed like a fruitless war was about to be decided.

"Annabeth," Thalia yelled and shot an arrow behind me. I nodded thanks, but didn't take my eyes off of the monsters in front of me. In the sea of monsters, I would see a couple of humans or demigods. All of their eyes were an odd color, telling me that they were being controlled and killed by Liptis. I remember Epsilon telling me that it was best to kill them off when I know that they are being killed, it was either that or let them be haunted and paranoid, a part of them gone with the soul sucking being. Though I disapproved of killing them, I got why I had to, I went through something similar a couple of months after leaving Tartarus.

I heard someone gasp and turned to hit them, only to stop when I saw Thalia. The fighting seemed to stop mostly as someone flew towards Thalia and I quickly. In a flash decision, I pushed Thalia out of the way and let out a small choking sound when a knife was pressed against my neck and I was lifted into the air, an arm around my abdomen. We flew backwards and then ended up on top of the closest grassy incline.

Thalia ran towards me, pushing past all of the frozen monsters that were looking towards me and the person holding me, Shawn behind her and a couple of others. Shawn then shifted his sword so that I could see my reflection and I would've gasped if I could've.

The long scar, blonde hair and familiar features let me recognize the demigod, but his eyes, they were a light red while his lips were pulled upwards into a cruel smile.

"You know what I wish for?" Luke chuckled. "I wish that I could freeze you all so that I could look at your horror stricken faces eternally. Alas, Omega would not let me, but I'll take her head as a prize." His weapon dug into my neck and I let out a small cough and my eyebrows pulled together as I felt pain radiate from my neck while the blood dripped down.

Shawn let out a war cry and charged towards me, his sword held high but stopped when a sword was stabbed through him from behind. He choked and dropped his weapon, and feel to his knees as the sword was pulled out of him. Shawn fell face down and everyone that was on our side stood there shocked.

They were only brought out of it when Luke suddenly let go his weapon and slumped down on the ground beside me. My first thought was to go to Shawn, my second was to stop my bleeding, my final one was what was going to happen to Luke.

I didn't have to tend to Shawn though, an Apollo child ran up as the others started to taunt the monsters away from us. Thalia nodded to me and jumped back into action as the Apollo child checked Shawn's pulse, before lifted his head and shook it. He then scrambled to get some gauze and started to patch up my neck. My head turned on its own accord and I stared down at Bianca who held Luke, her hand holding a light red orb before crushing it and then her eyes changed colors, but that might have just been my imagination.

"He's okay," she whispered and I nodded numbly. My eyes gazed towards Shawn's body that had been covered with a jacket, before they slid shut. If he died, how many others that I knew died also?

Until Next Time