~11~

~11~

϶ Epsilon ϵ

It had been a long time since I used my dragon in a battle. She was used to it though and I usually let her out on that day when I went to that planet.

"Can you take them out, Chalice?" I asked her.

"No problem, they're just small fry," she told me and then shot fire into the army of monsters. They exploded from the heat and the demigods then snapped out of their state of shock. They yelled a battle cry and then charged. Chalice roared and than flew up into the air. She circled above me once before going towards the bigger group of monsters, shooting fire that seemed to change colors.

I smirked and then joined the fighting demigods. An orc ran towards me, his club raised. I jumped out of the way as he brought it down, making a small shock wave that made some of his enemies and allies fall down on the ground. I advanced towards him and stabbed him once with my ice sword. Slowly, the ice spread and then he exploded into dust.

A group of monsters yelled a small battle cry and went for me. I dodged them and then charged my iron arm. The special thing about the arm is that it can be charged making the sword that I was holding electrified. One slash and most monsters would poof into gold dust.

It took a long time to get rid of the last monsters, the ones that stayed that is. Some were running away and the hunters went after them. We needed to destroy as many as we could otherwise more would rise from Tartarus and join the remaining that were alive.

I froze one of the last monsters and knocked him over so that it was like a small cloud of golden dirt. I looked around and saw that Chalice was making an infinity sign in the sky. Around me, Apollo children were grabbing the wounded and bringing them to the infirmary and some med tents depending on how wounded they were. I looked to my left and nodded to Alpha, who looked up at my dragon.

Chalice flew towards me and circled once or twice before diving down and spiraled towards me. She started to glow and smashed into the ground, successfully melding with me once again.

"Epsilon!" Beta called and ran up to me, the Six, Nico and Thalia behind her. "Are you okay? Do you need to rest?" She checked me over and went all mother mode on my. I simply stood there and let her heal some of the scratches with nectar. When she was done, she checked my spear wound before hugging me. "Try not to over exert yourself. I don't want you back in the infirmary for a while."

I nodded and patted her head, making her glare at me. "Alpha, send Chaos a explanation about what happened. Tell him that we might need the A-team." He nodded and headed towards the Big House. "Delta, Zeta, go and help the Apollo children with the healing. Beta, go and help with the dead. Gamma, your on repairs." They left and I headed towards the Big House.

I could feel the people looking at me though. It was unnerving. I knew that they were all wondering if I was the real Percy or if I was trying to con them. Either way though, I was leaving. I wanted to be back home with Juna, sitting in the kitchen as she cooked up the next delicious meal. She was lucky that Chaos had found her because now she immortal, stuck at the age of 385 though she looked to be in her mid 40s. Juna had a bit of gray strands mixed in with her light brown hair, her skin had a light tan and her eyes were a kind, soft brown. She reminded me of my mother.

I never looked to see if my biological mother was still alive because I knew that if I saw her, I wouldn't have left as easily. I couldn't go through that pain, I wouldn't.

The water rippled as another water droplet hit the surface of the small pond. I sat on a stump, elbows on my knees and hands folded together. My gaze watched as the rain started to speed up and I was still as the water drenched me.

Something tapped onto my shoulders and I looked up to meet Thalia's electric blue eyes. "Thalia," I greeted.

"Epsilon," she replied, sitting down beside me with her a water proof poncho. The droplets hit the fur before rolling off in perfect little circles. "How do you do it?"

I hummed and looked at her. "What do you mean?"

"I have been on this planet for the last five hundred years, serving Artemis without falling for a boy. I have been some of the greatest battles and some of the not so great ones. I've been named a hero and the lieutenant of the Hunters. But you, you have been across the Universe, lost your arm and yet you are still here, stilling fighting. So I am asking, how do you do it?"

I stared into her eyes and watched as she grew uncomfortable, then looked away. "Even the stories of the Greek heroes is less strange than mine. I fought because I wanted to see tomorrow, but sometimes I wonder why. I've learned that life is one of the things that won't wait for you, you just have to keep going or you'll be stuck in the past. I understand this, yes, but I am still stuck in the past and I will be until I can come to terms with my past.

"But, your not asking that. Your asking how I do it. I live and I forget, forgiving though...that's a whole different subject," I told her. "You, Nico, Clarisse, Grover and Juniper were the most well known people who stood up for Perseus, so I thank you."

I felt her watching me for a moment and then saw from the corner of my eye as she turned her head to look out into the trees. "I should be the one thanking you. You are brave enough to come back to Earth," she responded.

"Sometimes, fear has to be pushed back," I told her and stood, leaving her.

We hadn't been on Earth for more than week and yet I knew that this war was going to last more than what we calculated. I knew that this was only the beginning of something bigger than us, I felt it. Epsilon.

Until Next Time