~18~

~18~

϶ Annabeth ϵ

"Your an idiot, you know that?" I asked him as he lay sleeping on his med bed. He shifted and his eyes slowly opened, showing his green eyes.

"Annabeth, what are you doing here?" Shawn asked, sitting up and stretching.

"I need to ask you something," I told him and he stared at me, waiting. "When Percy left...did you feel...weird?"

He gave me a look and a small smile turned up on his face before his eyes turned blood red and he let out a laugh. "Weird, how?" I stood up, the stool I was sitting on feel down and I took out my dagger, calling for backup. He slipped off of the bed and stood up in front of me. "Little, little Annie. I wish that it didn't have to come to this, but, your too smart for you own good. Learn your place," then, everything went black.

"Annabeth," a soothing and kind voice called. "Wake up."

I blinked and the fog around me receded slightly so that I could see something disappear. "Who...who are you?" I asked, backing up.

"My name is Chalice, protector of Epsilon. I am a dragon, but you've seen me before," she stated and I felt something go past me. "I'm not here for introductions though, there is something important that you need to hear." A breeze came from my right and I turned to see a tail disappear into the fog. "Daughter of Athena, you are in great danger. Some things are too great for your eyes to see, your ears to hear and your mouth to speak.

"A girl told you that even if a star is twinkling doesn't mean it's there. You are looking a twinkling star that doesn't exist and you will be confused. You will be cut down and be nothing. There will be a moment of insanity in your future and you will not be able to stop it. I am here to tell you that sometimes, your greatest strengths will fail you.

"Do not be fooled by the same game, go forward with fear, for in your time of need, that is all you will have."

The around me swirled and my vision went black once more.

My eyes snapped open to see that I was lying in a bed, Shawn in the one across from me. I scrambled into a sitting position and looked around for my dagger, only to see a red light floating in the air beside me. It pulses with magic and power and then went over to Shawn.

He started to float, a golden red light appearing around him and he gasped as something that was blood red came out of him. The second orb had a black light in the middle of it and it went to escape, but then the red light went for it and encased it and started to glow brightly.

I covered my eyes and then when it disappeared, I uncovered them to see a girl with strawberry blonde hair beside the bed, staring down at Shawn and then pushed some hair off of his forehead. She smiled and let out a small sound, then looked towards me, nodding and mouthing, thank you.

Confused, I watched as she turned into a red orb once again and with a flash, she was gone.

I thought about what had happened in my dream. Chalice, the dragon that Epsilon held within him, had talked to me. A powerful being, and because of that reason, I knew that things weren't adding up. It didn't make any sense, but that's what she said though, right? There were things out there that were too great for me, there always would be. Even if I had all the knowledge in the world, I would be nothing but a demigod.

I knew that in Epsilon's world, someone like me didn't exist. It wasn't just about the brains, it was about how well you know how to fight, how to survive. Basic Earth survival skills didn't work out there, I would be nothing but a sitting duck.

Until Next Time