Chapter 8

Spencer and I decided to go to the mall with Jared and Hallie. Hallie dragged me into all of the popular stores. She told me that I had no clothes that looked good on me, and fit my age.

"Wow that didn't hurt at all." I said putting my hand over my heart.

"Shut up granny." She said with a smirk as she picked out dark blue short shorts and shoved them in my direction.

I ended up getting 5 different outfits. Jared picked out one, and I have to admit it's my favorite one. Light blue shorty shorts, with a white tank top, and a dark gray leather jacket, it was short sleeved and perfect.

A couple pair of shoes later of shoes later, we were finally allowed to eat. Hallie made it clear she was taking me to the makeup stores after we ate. The boys had taken all of the bags to the car and put them in the trunk so we didn't have to carry them around the entire time.

Deciding on Subway, Spencer and I walked in hand in hand. Hallie was in front with Jared. They were both on their phones, not paying attention to the world. All of the cashiers were human but one. He kept staring at Jared, but obviously Jared didn't realize or didn't care. Spencer placed his arms around my neck and was leaning on me. His head was resting against the top of my head.

When we finally got to the front. Jared looked up and saw the boy staring. He was staring back, when his mouth moved and formed one word. "Mate."

Jared' P.O.V.

Staring at my phone for the past twenty minutes really was making my neck hurt. Finally Hallie pulled on my arm, signaling to move up and order. I looked up from my phone to order, when I saw the emerald eyes. I got lost in them, and my wolf was began to scream "Mate!" over and over again.

I realized that my mate was in fact a male. Thank god he was the werewolf. I hadn't realized that I had said "mate" out loud until Hallie grabbed my arm and canceled her order and pulled me away, I realized that Spencer was nowhere to be seen.

I had finally found my mate found my mate and I ran away from him. I don't even know his name. Spencer ran away from me because I'm gay. My best friend now is scared of me and he now probably hates me. I see Megan sitting on the bench outside of Subway. Her fingers moving fast over her keyboard trying to find Spencer.

My mate had followed me out, but he was staying his distance. I walked over to him. He stood there not moving, barely breathing. I was doing the same, I just wanted to touch him. To hug or kiss him. Anything.

"Hi." He whispered.

"Hi" I responded.

"Hi." He said again.

Only this time with a smile on his face . He was becoming more comfortable around me, and it makes me happy. I wrapped my arms around him, holding him close to my body. I know what I have to do yet its so hard.

"My name is Jared." I tell him, hoping for his reply is of his name. " Jared Thompson." My full name.

He pulled away and smiled. "Felix. My name is Felix. "