Chapter 24

Emmett's POV:

I had spent most of yesterday with Jeanie at her place, watching Tv, and having her teach me how to dance a few new dances from Egypt and even one from China. Today was the day that the rest of the family was officially meeting her as my girlfriend, as she agreed to be last night. I smile some as I remember blurting out the question of if she would be my girlfriend and she only laughed saying she thought she already was as much as we had made out.

I heard her car coming down the drive and sped down the stairs and out onto the front porch to wait for her. I knew that everyone else would be meeting her in the living room or simply wandering around the house. Though Jasper was having a hard time controlling Alice as excited as she was. Edward was having similar problems with Rose except she was pissed.

My mind is taken away from the family waiting inside as I see her car round the corner and I hear her humming along to a song being sung in what sounds like Arabic. My mate is truly a unique little human. She waves to me as she parks next to my hummer before she gets out and walks up the porch steps. I have her in my arms and am kissing her just as soon as she gets close enough and I feel her smile against my lips.

"I see you missed me then." (J)

"Hmmm every minute that we're not together." (Em)

I heard Rosalee whisper in the house that she was going to be sick before Edward shushed her and Jasper mentioned how happy I was. I know that Rose was worried for the safety of our family and about me getting hurt, because she was the one that saved me so many years ago, but I also know that deep down she only wants me happy with my mate. She'll come to accept Jeanie eventually, once she sees how truly perfect she is.

"Come on, I want you to meet my parents." (Em)

I watched a flash of worry run through her eyes before she nodded in agreement and smiled. I gently wrapped an arm around her as we walked into the house, and then into the living room where everyone was waiting. Esme's face seemed to brighten when she saw how close I held Jeanie to my chest and even Rose looked a little less pissed than she had been looking when she first saw Jeanie.

"So mom, dad, this is Jeanie Eden. Jeanie you already know all my siblings but perhaps Rose. And these are my adoptive parents Carlisle and Esme." (Em)

"It's a pleasure to meet you my dear. Welcome to our home." (C)

"Thank you, it's quite lovely." (J)

"It is nice of you to think so. Well I think we'll excuse ourselves and let you young ones have fun together. Dear if you need anything simply shout." (Esme)

Jeanie's POV:

I felt a small trace of relief at their seemingly acceptance of me so quickly, though I remember that they don't yet know what I am. I watched as his adoptive parents smiled warmly at me one more time before they went upstairs. I looked back and smiled at Alice and Jasper who I would count as good friends, Alice especially.

I offered a wary looking smile towards Edward and Rose. Edward was alright from what I had seen at school, even helping in keep the abuse a secret from Emmett, but I felt as if Rose hated me for some reason. Perhaps hate was too a strong a word, but I felt she disliked me greatly.

"Well.........everyone enjoying their days off school?" (J)

"Would anyone not? You have no idea how much shopping I've done the last day and a half!" (Alice)

I let out a soft laugh as Alice told me that before Jasper muttered about shopping too much, causing both me and Emmett to laugh as Alice pouted. Emmett squeezes my hand and leads me to the sofa before pulling me down to his lap. I couldn't help the laugh that left my mouth again as I looked at his smile and handsome face, complete with his dimples.

My mind thought of the kisses we shared last night, along with the make out session the other day, when I heard Edward make a coughing sound as if he was choking. I glance at him leaning against the wall behind us with Rosalee next to him, rolling her eyes as he seems to continue to cough for a second or two longer before stopping and looking up at me and Emmett.

"Edward are you alright?" (J)

"Oh.....quite Jeanie quite. Just a tickle of my throat is all." (Ed)

I nodded to his answer but I could tell he was lying, which was odd that he would lie about why he was coughing. Jasper sat next to us on the couch, though he left plenty of room as Alice took the space between Emmett and me on his lap.

"So Jeanie, it's just occurred to me that we've never even asked how you are liking Washington so far?" (Jas)

"I feel it's different from where I'm from in lot of ways but I'm happy here." (J)

"Where are you from anyway?" (Rose)

I turned towards Rosalee to see her practically glaring at me but I didn't let her scare me. I have seen things and gone through things that she could only dream of. No matter what they are, for I know they aren't human, I doubt they are anywhere near my age and as such she is still but a child to me and is acting as one right now.

"I last lived in Hawaii but am originally from Saudi Arabia." (J)

"I didn't know that Jeanie." (Em)

"Well Em you didn't ask me did you." (J)

I couldn't help the smile that came onto my face at his slight pout and I kissed him on the cheek to get him to smile again. It worked as he smiled and winked at me, his now amber colored eyes seeming to twinkle as I looked at him.

"It does explain the belly dancing I guess." (Em)

"You can belly dance?!?" (Alice)

"She sure can and she's amazing at it." (Em)

"He exaggerates, but I'm alright at it. Perhaps I could show you some moves some time Alice. You're welcome to join as well Rosalee." (J)

I watched as Rose seemed to stare at me with a calculating look before her eyes softened some. I felt Emmett start running his fingers through my hair as I waited for her response but all I got was a weak smile and nod. Though I feel as though that coming from her is practically a hug.

"Could you teach us some now?" (Alice)

"Em, do you mind if the girls and I go practice a bit while you all hang out here?" (J)

"If it means we might get to watch the results in a bit, I don't think any of us mind babe. Go for it." (Em)

I smiled with him before I kissed him, feeling him smile into the kiss before I felt Alice practically pull me off him. I laughed as I watched him pout before she pulled me into a room a few doors down and I saw it was a music room with a large open floor space, almost like a dance room. Well looking at it closer I suppose it was the dance and music room.

Rosalee came in a few seconds after us, as Alice was flipping through Cds that were all along one wall. She smiled a bit warmer at me, just as Alice let out a short squeal and put the Cd she had found in the player. She ran to shut the door just as a familiar Egyptian song started to play.

"I knew that Carlisle had at least one Cd from his time spent in Egypt a few years ago. Will this work to teach us?" (Alice)

I listen to a few beats and start working on a simple choreography to the music in my head before I look up to catch Alice's worried look on her face. I smile and get her smile in return as I stretch a bit before the next song starts.

"This is perfect. Well let's begin then, shall we? Then we can all practice later for our guys outside." (J)

I was about to start the lesson when I heard a soft knock on the door. I raised an eye at the thought that Emmett couldn't wait outside when it was Esme that walked in and shut the door behind her. I smiled a bit shyly at the mother of the man I was falling in love with as she smiled back just as shyly.

"The boys told us what you were up and I wanted to try it as well. Mind if I join your lesson dear?" (Esme)

"Not at all Esme, I'd be happy to have you here as well. Alright well first move is this and once this is mastered we'll move on and try to learn a whole dance I guess." (J)