chapter 27

Lanas pov.

After we got back to the hotel room and Marina went to the studio I had some down time.  I called my manager Mike and asked him to get me a performance. Of course he did, he found a small venue that I could do at a local theater. The theater could fit a not 250 people. He told me before hanging up that he will make it a sold out show by tomorrow. I just agreed and hung up.

Marina mentioned inviting over some friends of mine and hers for a dinner tonight.  When she told me this I got a huge grin on my face knowing she won't just stay at the studio like she does.

I checked the time and it was about 5:45. Every one was going to get here around 7. I got dressed up in a cute little dress and put my hair up in a bun. And Started cooking dinner. I have no clue on how many people are coming but i thought it wouldn't be a lot i Decided on cooking for 12.

I went out and bought 4 bottles of white wine and things to make a salad with and some chicken.

I got back to the hotel, which wasn't like a hotel at all. The "hotel" was just a luxurious apartment. When i say apartment i mean apartment. There were two bedrooms A kitchen, dinning room with a huge table and A living room and 3 bathrooms. This was not an apartment let me tell you that.

I started grilling the chicken in a lemon and pepper marinade and made a big salad with spinach ,romaine lettuce, feta cheese, tomato, arugula, cucumber and chives. I made a quick balsamic vingerette my grandmother taught me to make and dressed the salad. I put the salad in the middle of the table. Next to some bread and the now grilled chicken.

"What smells delicious?" Marina said as she walked through the door. "Dinner babe" she reached for a piece of bread and I swatted her hand back. "wait for our guests before you start eating" she pouted her lips as she took of her coat and put her bag down. "Fine mom" she complained. I kissed her and handed her some wine. "When is everyone getting here?" I asked before taking a sip of the wine.

"They should be here now."Marina said looking down at her non-existant watch.

After some talking and Many guest arrived. There was a knock at the door. "That should be Charli!" Marina said before opening the door. I haven't seen Charli since the incident with Ellie and Calvin. I handed Charli a glace of wine as I did to everyone here. She hugged me and whispered "I missed you. Elizabeth." She said. I haven't told Marina about Charli because I thought it was a one time thing.

As everyone chose there seat at the table I sat at one end and Marina decided to sit with me, Chuck was going to sit on the other side but Charli decided to sit there. I looked at Chuck and just gave her an "I don't know" look.