Young and Wid

Declan's POV.

"I'm so proud of you, Dec. I told you that it would be easy for you to make friends." Adam said for the fifth time.

I chewed my lip. "Yeah, Adam you were right. Can I call you back later?" I asked.

"Of course, is something wrong?" He questioned, his voice filled with concern.

"No everything is fine. I just need to call someone else and I don't want to forget about it." I explained, it's a lie.

He hummed. "Okay, but try not to call me at four AM this time."

I laughed and silently thanked him for making me smile even when I feel this angry. "I guess we will see. Bye dork." I hung up on his laughter.

I stood up from the foot of my bed and took a deep breath. Well, as deep as a breath I could take with a binder on. The longer I listened to Bella's sobs the more frustrated and enraged I felt. I can't take it anymore, I need to know what happened.

So, I'll do what any winged and pissed off teenager would do, sneak out. I'll wait until later and say I'm going to bed early because I'm tired from all the traveling. I'll lock my door and leap from my window, then I will hunt down that Volvo and it's owner.

I did my homework and ate dinner with Bella and Charlie, took a shower and sat in the living room with Charlie for about forty five minutes.

I stood from the chair with a sigh, "I'm going to bed."

Charlie raised his eyebrows at me, "already?"

"Long day. I'll see you in the morning." I patted his shoulder and made my way to the staircase,

"Declan?" He said.

I turned back to him, trying to feign drowsiness. "Hmm?"

"If you ever need to uh, skip school for a day or two, I'm okay with that." He explained, now it was my turn to raise my eyebrows. "It's just, you've been through a lot lately and I understand if you need to take a", he paused, trying to find his words. "Mental health day?"

"Yeah, that's good. I'd appreciate that actually." I nodded. "I'll make sure to let you know when those days come."

I watched him nod and I turned back to the stairs. When I reached the top I quickly climbed the ladder to my bedroom and pulled it up after me, lastly I secured the locks. I paced around my room gathering things I'd take with me like money, bandaids, my keys, cigs, and a lighter.

I found my fanny pack, which say what you want they are practical and can be cute. I like looking like embarrassing dad sometimes I can't help it. I took the old lollipop in it and stuffed it in my pants pocket along with my cellphone and switchblade.

I pulled off my hoodie and grabbed my athletic tape and walked over to me mirror. I tugged off my tight binder and tossed it onto my bed for later. I carefully took strips of the tape and attached them to my chest before pulling the skin to the side, giving my chest a flatter appearance without a binder. Perfect for flying.

I can't wear my clothes and have my wings out at the same time. Unless I want to tear my clothes up, and I refuse to rip up a binder. Those are expensive.

I quickly did the same to the other side and examined my work in the mirror. Not perfect. A bit lopsided but good enough for flying around looking for someone.

I found a tee shirt and rolled it up to slid it into my fanny pack just incase. Looking around my room once more, I made sure I packed everything I might need. Deciding I was good to go I quietly went over to my window and pried it open.