I'll Follow You

Declan's POV.

We arrived at Adams apartment building after about a forty five minute drive. We busied ourselves with conversation about my travel day, more so the lady who sat next to me on the plane who didn't understand that I didn't want to talk to her. She kept talking to me even after I put my in ear headphones in. I stayed polite though, as I was taught.

Adam insisted on taking all my bags himself, which made our journey to his apartment take longer than expected. I stayed quiet and let him drag my luggage behind him as we exited the elevator on the third floor. Following him down the hall, he stopped outside what must be his door considering he's unlocking it with his key.

I watched amusedly as he pushed the door open and struggled to fit through the door with my luggage. Waiting until he was inside to step in, I looked around the room as Adam turned on the light.

The front door leads you into the kitchen, it's about the size I expected it to be. There's old appliances and cabinets but Adam keeps it clean and has a ton of plants on the windowsill which makes it look homey. I haven't eaten in hours but I decided I'd let Adam show me the rest of the apartment before I eat his entire fridge.

He put all my bags down and held out his arms, "kitchen."

"Yeah, give me a tour." I reached down to yank off my boots.

With a nod he walked through the nearest doorway, "the living room is through here,"

I rushed to follow, leaving my boots by the luggage.

The living room is perfect size, it fits a couch and a recliner and some book shelves along with a small coffee table. I walked over to the bookshelves and looked at the framed photos he had put there.

There were pictures of his mom with his sisters, a few of me and him, and one of me with his family. I never really saw them much before but I always got along well with his sisters. His mom was always nice to me which I appreciate.

The last bottom shelves were filled with books, and I honestly don't care which ones they are considering I know that his favorites are in his room.

"Oh! Let me show you your room!" He smiled excitedly.

We went down a small hallway, passing a bathroom and his room along the way. He opened the door and stepped aside to let me in after turning on the lights.

I smiled at him while I stepped past him.

Inside was a queen sized bed tucked into the corner with dark green colored bedding and a few pillows in grey pillowcases. Next to the bed was a small nightstand with a lamp on top. The walls are a simple white color, and there's a large window. Much like the windowsill in the kitchen, there's small plants lined up in front of the glass.

"I know it's not much, but I figured once your ready to move in we'll get more." Adam began as he pointed to a corner. "A large desk there for your art and school work, maybe a bookshelf over there or a table for your record player."

"I love it!" I stepped over to the windowsill and inspected the plants. "These are so cute and tiny! Plus the window is huge, I bet there's a lot of natural light."

As I was looking out the window at the parking lot below, Adam moved to stand next to me.

"Both bedrooms are about the same size, I took the one with the smaller window. You'll need the natural light for when your working on paintings and such." He explained waving his hands in front of the window.