I'll Keep You Safe

Declan's POV.

I ran up to Charlie's front door, quickly opening it as Bella prepared herself behind me. I quickly stepped inside and looked at Charlie with a honest distressed expression. I could see his eyes fill with worry right away, only intensifying as Bella stomped in.

"Go away, Edward!" She screamed and slammed the door.

I watched Charlie look between the door as Bella quickly, "Bella?"

She turned to him, her face wet with hot tears. "Leave me alone!"

She sprinted up the stairs and slammed her bedroom door.

Charlie looked at me, his eyes wide and almost frightened. "Declan? What happened?!"

"I don't know," I panted, my voice cracking on the last word. "We were playing baseball and they went off in their own to talk and I don't know what Edward did but she made him drive us home and- and-"

Charlie cut me off. "Okay, okay." He turned to jog up the stairs, "it's okay, Declan, take some deep breaths."

He spoke to Bella through her bedroom door and she screamed back hysterically. I know she's packing her bag but I can't go pack one for myself. Maybe Carlisle can lend me some clothes since we are going to Phoenix.

I tugged at my hair as my eyes burned with tears, I hate putting Charlie through this. He doesn't deserve all this drama he just wants to live with us and have a family.

I leaned against the wall and tried to take deep breaths like I was told. My ribs are aching from my binder and I can't catch my breath. I want Carlisle. I need someone here to rub my arms and tell me everything is going to be okay. I can't handle this on my own.

At that thought Bella came rushing down the staircase with a duffle bag on her arm. "I hate it- I can't stay here another minute!"

Charlie followed behind her quickly and I couldn't look at his hurt expression. "Bella, you can't leave now. It's nighttime."

"We'll sleep in the truck if we get tired." She responded, facing the front door.

I flinched as Charlie peaked at me. I wish I could stay, I really do. I'd do anything to be Charlie's family, fuck I wish I could stay.

Charlie was reaching towards her, yet he was frozen. His hand was outstretched, ready to stop her but he was just forced to stare at he back as she left him.

"Just let me go, Charlie." She mumbled before shaking her head and raising her voice. "It didn't work out, I just really hate Forks!"

She pulled the door open and ran off into the darkness and Charlie and I stared after her. I quickly regained myself and stepped into the doorway.

I stood in the front door and look at the broken man. His only daughter just jabbed the wound that has never healed.

My heart broke as I mustered the strength to speak. "I'll go with her, yaknow, to make sure she's okay. I have too, but I'll be back. I promise. This is my home, Charlie. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

With that, I turned and ran to Bella's truck and climbed into the passenger seat. Bella quickly pulled away with tears streaming down her cheeks.

I pulled my knees to my chest and fought back tears of my own, I can't cry now. I won't stop if I start.

A loud noise made both Bella and I cry out in fear as Edward was suddenly in the car. He carefully moved a sobbing Bella to the middle and took over as the driver.