Ch 11

I looked up to see Trenton sitting next to me with my hat in hand. I had to blink a few times to clear my vision to make sure I was awake and not in my strange dream world. My heart beat slowed as I remembered where I was.

"Hmmm?" Trenton hummed like I didn't answer his question. He had a slight smirk on his face like he was amused at my napping.

"Sorry, what did you say?"

"I said," he emphasised, "so you think you can just sleep through your help and expect me to get no help on my math, eh?"

"No no. Sorry I dozed a bit."

"So I saw," he shifted over so I could sit up, "you were that tired after today? What happened?" His face relaxed out of the smirk and softened into his signature caring, slightly dorky smile.

I debated if I should tell him if it was my sixteenth anniversary of not dying, cuz he would probably do the same thing everyone else did, then even more awkwardness. I decided to tell him. 'Everyone else does so why keep it from him?'

"Well it's my birthday today-"

"Oh! Happy birthday."

"-and I never really told anyone, but this girl found out and then it spread. Everyone found out today so a whole bunch of apologies and 'happy birthday's  so I just got tired of it all eventually"

He was nodding his head, "yeah I get it..." There was a second or two of silence between us when he spoke again, "soooo is that going to stop you from helping me with math?"

I laughed lightly and replied, "no that won't stop me."

We worked on both of our homework and were able to get it done with out much trouble. He told me his birthday, which was a couple months before mine, making him older. We were packing up again and were about to say bye.

"Well (y/n), have a great sweet sixteen evening," he said and opened his arms for a hug, and I'm not going to refuse a hug. I love hugs.

We hugged tightly for a second or two when we separated and said bye. I walked home thinking it was one of the better days of birth so far, and it wasn't quite over yet, I still had dinner with the fam.

I was around the corner from my house when I got a text.

*Bzz bzz* I'm french! Why do you think I have this outrAgeous accEnt you sIlly kIng?!

It was from my mom, 'will you got to the store and pick up some cilantro, tomatillos and some ice cream?'

I sighed, the store was three blocks to the right of where I was going. 'yeah mom, do you want vanilla? How many bunches and how many tomatillos?'

'yes, 2 bunches and 3.'

'ok'

I walked to the store to get the supplies for dinner. I better get some chocolate to deal with this. And mom better pay me back.