CH. 6

"Normani, right here."

"Dinah Jane! Are you guys still going strong?"

"How's the kids?"

They ignored all questions and Dinah guided Normani inside the restaurant with her hand on her lower back.

"You good?" I asked once we were seated. Normani nods and gives me a small smile.

"What you thinking about getting?" I asked as I opened my menu. I'm gonna stick to some simple shrimp and rice.

"Um, probably the platter."

"Damn Mani a platter? You not that hungry." She smacks her lips and ignores me.

"So... I talked to my team today." I say as I sip on my alcohol.

"About what?" She said playing with the paper from her straw.

"My album, tour. You know yhe usual." I say.

It has been two years since my last album and that album had some trus feelings on there. It sold over 50 million worldwide. I guess that's what happen when you make authenticity.

"That's good baby, it's time for you to get back out there. You know?" She sips her drink.

"Yeah, but I like being with the kids. I've been with them for about two years." Normani sips on her drink as she listens to me.

"I understand babe, but this isyour passion. Not to mention your job." She said the last part jokingly.

"Please you and I know I make enough money to take a pause for at least five more years, but I'm gonna return, I just don't know when." Normani reached over and grabbed my hand.

"Well whatever you decide, I'm beside you a hundred percent." I kiss her hand and we talk until our food comes out.

After brunch Normani said she a press run today, so I dropped her off at her team office. I decided to go to the studio, but first I had to pick up DJ. Thankfully he was done when I got there. He was taking swim lessons which was crazy because I rather him take speech lessons but whatever.

"Hey my main man, how was it?" I kissed his cheek as I strapped him in.

"G-good good momma !! I-I-I-I-" I grab his hand.

"Remember what mommy and I said." He nods.

"You got to take deep breaths. Take your time." He nods and takes a deep breath.

"I-I can hoolldd my-my breath for ten second-ds!" I smile widely at him talking and his achievement at class.

"Good job buddy. This cause for Ice cream right?" He nods and I high five him.

I signal for the driver to go to as I buckle up. We stop for ice cream and head to the studio. I pick him because his little legs were just not going to cut it.

"Don't drop that or make a mess or it's your as- butt." I sit him in the chair next to me in the studio.

We ate the ice cream as I listen to beats. I wasn't really feeling any of them, but one came on and Disin started bobbing his little head.

I chuckle and record him. The beat had a piano at the intro, then the beat drops, but the piano is still there. I liked it and since Disin liked I decided to work with that one.