CH. 7

July

Dinah decided not to go home, instead she was at her best friend house who she hasn't seen in what felt like forever.

Camila didn't mind the reunion, but it was almost four o'clock in the morning.

"Cheechee, not that I don't miss you but it's four in the morning. Tyler has school tomorrow." Camila said as she rubbed her sleepy eyes.

"I know Mila, I know, but I just couldn't go home. I was too pissed."

Camila sighed and sat on the couch and patted the space on the far end. It was obvious they were going to be here a while.

They talked for a good minute before Matthew came in there with a crying Tyler.

"Babe, Dinah. Tyler here was crying because you weren't next to him, when he turned over." Dinah smiled lightly and Camila made a pouty face, while reaching her arms out.

"Aw, mommy's sorry baby, but I had to talk to Aunty DJ."

"Hey TyTy." Dinah waved at him. He waved lazily and buried his head in his mom's neck.

"Aight Mila I'm gonna go now, I think I'm going to crash at the studio." Dinah stood up and so did Camila.

"Okay DJ. Remember what we talked about alright?" Dinah nodded and gave her a hug, while Matthew smiled at their interaction.

It really has been a while since they've seen each other face to face and it felt amazing.

"Love you guys."

"Love you too."

The following day, Dinah was still at the studio only this time, she was at the one in her company building.

You usually don't ever find her there, but now she didn't have a choice.

Dinah couldn't sleep. She was up all night and infact released a song last night. It was unexpected of course, but according to Dinah's people they think it was smart. She didn't care, she just wanted to get something out.

"Okay Arin!" Dinah pressed the button to so he could hear her in the booth. He gave her a thumbs up as he begin singing.

'Fuck the topic why you on me, stop actin like you know me...

Dinah smiled as she listened to him sing. Ally had recently signed and wanted Dinah to work with him.

Usually they all stay to a certain category. For example Dinah does more so R&B, Soul, and Regga. Lauren does Rock, Alternative and Pop. Ally does Pop, Country,Electronic, and Gospel, but they have switched up if need be.

Ally discovered some good hip hop artist like Cardi B, and Arin are just some. Lauren founded Kehlani and much more. Then there's Dinah, who found a great chunk of artists.

Although she didn't found Normani, she was still a great help in her career.

"Aye D, stop the track." She looked up at him. He was looking at his phone.

"Is everything alright?" Dinah asked as she stopped recording.

"Yeah, my son-"

"Say no more I understand." He looks at me.

"You sure?"

"Of course, man I have five little ones. I understand it. Let me know how everything goes." They dap each other and Arin leaves out.

Dinah sat back into the studio chair and was ready to get back to work. She was about to start working on her next album, when her phone rung.

Queen💍❤ Calling

Kehlani- Wanna match up?

Dinah replied to Lani and put her phone face down and went back to working.