CH. 8

Normani

"Bitch did she really just ignore your call?"

"Girl yes she did."

"Oh no ma'am we ain't having that."

"See this when you know yo ass is crazy," I heard my cousin say.

"Bitch who are you talking to?" I stop pacing and looked up at her.

She took a sip of her wine and arched an eyebrow as she waited.

"Fuck you." I mumble. The point is she ignored my call and I know she did , because Dinah always has her phone on her.

"What you need to do is change the locks." I snap my neck towards her.

"Oh I'm the crazy one but you wanna change locks and shit." I say sarcastically.

"Mhm, it's been 2-4 hours, and we ain't seen her. What she got going on?" She makes the number two and four with her hands and she speaks.

"Okay I've heard enough from Jason and Freddy." SZA said referring to me and my cousin.

"Mani this is what you're gonna do-" I cut her off.

"I am NOT giving in first."

"Hoe shutup! If you let me talk, you would know I wasn't going to say that." SZA say and Naya snickers.

"Before I was interrupted, I was going to say don't call anymore. Act like you don't care. Then you post you hanging out with someone else." I let her advice sink in.

"Yeah . That doesn't sound bad. One problem, Dinah knows all of my guy friends." I say with a eye roll.

"Don't worry, I got plenty of guy friends." SZA says. Naya and me give her a knowing look.

"Oop, fuck y'all. You know what figure it out on your own." SZA says and gathers her things

"We just playing, don't get sensitive on me now. You really the meanest one out of all of us." SZA just flicks us off as she leaves off the house.

"I hate to do this too you boo, but I gotta go too. Ryan wants to go on a walk or something in the morning. I'll holla at you babes." She kissed my cheek

"Both of them bitches really dipped on me. And then they didn't even put they glasses in the sink." I mumble to myself after I get up to do it.

*

After cooling down I came to the conclusion that I was overreacting. However, I can't help that if your wife used to be a hoe. Yeah I trust her but I always have that what if in the back of  my head.

I angrily threw my phone next to me.

"Mommy?" I looked to the door to see Dimples. I gave her a soft smile.

"Yes baby?" I get down from the bed and stand by the stand.

"I hungry." She said while twirling her curly hair. I giggle softly.

"Okay let's see if we can find something." I grab her hand as we head downstairs to the kitchen. I sat her on the counter as I looked for a good late night snack.

Once I found one I handed it to her and got me a drink so I could be with her.

"Why 'ou ooking at me lik dat?" She tilts her head and everything. I shake my head. She looked just like her mother.

"Why are you up so late Dimp?" I rested my chin on my hand. "Um I miss mommy. Dats all."

"You do? Huh?" I ask and she nods happily. I put on a fake thinking face before talking.

"How bout we send her a video!" Dimples literally lights up and gasp.

"Ya a jeanus mommy!" I chuckle.

I pick her up and carry her to the bedroom. "It's genius baby now come on and let's make this video so she can come home."

I know this is cheating but hey you gotta use the resources you got and besides this will be much better than SZA plans.

Naya
(Cameo appearance)

Naya(Cameo appearance)

Spin-off coming soon. 👀