27: The meat thief

Saturday morning came around quickly and Sara found herself eagerly looking forward to a blissful day. After enjoying herself in the company of Lucas yesterday at the exposition, she knew she was beginning to get attracted to Lucas and fast. He was being chivalrous by letting her hop on that boat that was getting ready to sail. She knew as sure as she knew her name that it would, but she hoped she would be ready to let go and love again when it did.

Today, as per agreement, Lucas called her earlier to say they were on their way to her apartment. Apparently, Freddie was more eager for the day than she was and she wondered if his reason had something to do with seeing his bestfriend. Somehow, she had gotten Lucas to agree to her cooking for them instead of coming over with food. So, she was here in her kitchen making sure her delicacy was delicious and edible. She subconsciously wanted to impress him with her food, in gratefulness for yesterday and that thought made her giddy all morning.

A knock on her doors had her heart jumping out. She put her hands on her chest to calm it down, and realized her palms were sweaty. It was not a good thing if she was getting nervous about seeing him again. It only meant he was quickly occupying her mind, and her heart as well. The knock came again, louder this time and she shuffled on her feet to go open the door.

He looked dashing as always, in navy blue sweatshirt and blue wash jeans. He was clean-shaven and smelt and looked incredibly handsome. She held herself back from running into his arms. They looked like they would catch her too.

He winked at her when he realized she was checking him out. "I have a feeling I should pause this moment for a while to help you fulfill your fantasies. Am I that good-looking?" He quizzed with a raised brow.

She averted her eyes, having been caught staring. "Maybe," she mumbled.

He grinned at that before strolling into her apartment and closing the door behind him. "I'm flattered you think so. This actually is my third outfit for the day. Turns out Freddie's new art project for the week involves using Nutella on toast. He's pretty good at it except he can't control the spread and in a bid to offer my assistance, my shirts gets the reward."

She chuckled at the image. "I imagine he rejected your help totally."

He nodded, rolling up his sleeves to reveal toned muscular arms. She swallowed hard. "He's eager to show me the basic household chores he could do. Although I'm not sure spreading Nutella on toast and on my shirts counts as household chores," he finished with a smirk.

Sara opened her mouth to laugh and clamped it shut automatically when she realized they were standing close to each other. She traveled her gaze from his biceps to his chest to his jaw, and settled them on his eyes. Hazel-brown eyes that always did numerous things to her senses. They shouldn't be this close to each other, she thought fleetingly, but all thoughts abandoned her when he tilted his head and took her lips in his. Slowly, his lips moved against hers, causing tingles to travel down to her stomach. The butterflies increased when he pried open her lips with his tongue, pushing it inside.

She reached up on tiptoe to take in more of him, silently cussing her height for the stress she was going through just to kiss him. Her tongue reached out to play tag with his, beguiling him on. He accepted her tease, taking more of her. A moan escaped his lips and that brought her flat out into reality. Like a startled cat, she pulled away from him quickly, breathing rapidly and looking dazed. His lips were swollen, and she reached to touch her lips with two fingers and concurred that hers were also.

"You like me, I like you. I don't see the problem here," he said in a rasped breath. The kiss obviously affected him more than her.

She eyed him surreptitiously, wondering if she should take him up on the offer. She supposed teasing her with nibbles and pecks throughout last week had unhinged the chain he had around the raging beast in him. He was never one to hide his attraction towards her, never once had he ever done it. She didn't think he would start now. And she realized in shame that she didn't want him to.