15: Seduction

Use what you have to get what you want

Sara chanted her mantra in her head, as the cab driver slowed into the driveway of the prestigious Eko hotels and suites. Quickly, a valet attended to her, opening the car door and helped her to climb down. He smiled politely at her, muttering a greeting which Sara returned. When the valet went to talk to the driver, she strolled confidently towards the concierge, taking in a deep breath.

"Good evening, Ma'am. How may I help you?" Greeted the lady at the desk with a smile. Sara smiled back at her, trying to sound as confident as she looked.

"Yes. I'm here to see Mr. Donalds. He's expecting me."

"Alright. And who will I tell him is looking for him?"

"Sara Amadi. I'm a friend."

Ten minutes later, she was sitting in an armchair inside a suite occupied by Donald located on the seventh floor. Donald had accepted her visit and was eagerly waiting for her in his hotel room. He tried to convince her to change her mind about this ridiculous plan, but she was adamant and he let her be. He offered her a drink but she declined and asked for water instead. She doubted her nerves would let her stomach anything.

"You sure I can't still change your mind?" He asked with a little bit of hope. He did not like this plan much as it may invariably affect his plans in the long run.

"No, you can't. I know him. Once he sets his mind on something, he can be quite persistent. How do you think he became a billionaire so fast?" She asked rhetorically.

He wanted to comment that Lucas's family were well-to-do and thus gave him the needed push but he shrugged instead.

"So, my contacts say Lucas is going to be here till Sunday. Apparently, he's suddenly a devoted father and would much rather stay with his son than get drunk. So our chances are quite slim," stated Donald, running a hand down his tired face.

Sara saw her opportunity fly out the window in a flash. "This can't be! I need a leverage on him!" She exclaimed in frustration.

Donald nodded at the near hysteric woman. "I know and I also know that this must be done to help us get revenge, so I've had time to think about it and came up with a nice solution. But whatever we are doing must be done tonight. No delays."

Sara's eyes widened automatically at that and she nodded eagerly. "What's the solution?"

Donald let out a sigh at the same time he brought out a drug bottle. "We need to drug him."

A few hours later and Sara was drowning in her self-doubt. She should have known it was too good to be true, at least not when it had to do with Lucas, she decided as she paced Donald's room in anxiety. She glanced at the wall clock and sighed. What was taking him so long?

After much deliberations and misgivings, she finally agreed to drug him. It was a sleeping drop. According to Donald, two drops should do the trick. They wanted him half-awake, half-alert for the plan to work. Normally, a typical seduction should suffice but Donald had recoiled when he told her to practice on him. She had been out of the market for five years, with little or no experience. Heck, Lucas was her first and only. But he hated her now and it was obvious whatever attraction he felt for her at one time was long gone.

So Donald had called a favor from a known 'womanizing' friend of his who connected him with a professional stripper. Then, Sara had been drilled in albeit three hours on how to seduce a man. She had even rushed to the store to get the type of clothing the stripper had recommended. And she would be damned if her efforts went to waste. She couldn't afford to, she reflected anxiously.