Claudette x Wraith

Claudette slipped away from the campfire and into a side path that opened up to a huge clearing. She looked for a path that reached a small garden that she had been taking care of. Daisy, lilies, and sunflowers peeked through the earth to say hello.

Claudette smiled as she walked over to them, making sure they were being watered. Though, her attention was brought to a rose bush. This rose bush was weird in this realm. It wouldn't be healthy and it would threaten death every day. Claudette always made sure it stayed alive. Maybe it was a sign of what her life turned out to be now.

Claudette placed her gentle hands under one of the pedals that were near falling off. A speck of hope glimmered in her chest as she saw the pedal regain life, slowly but surely.

"Remarkable." Claudette's eyes snapped to the figure standing over her. A hand covered her mouth swiftly, to muffle her scream. "Hey, hey calm down. I'm not here to hurt you." The figure whispered into her ear, making her tremble. "Promise you won't scream?" They asked. Claudette grew hesitant but nodded anyway, trusting them.

The hand fell from her mouth and she slowly turned around. Claudette relaxed when she saw the Wraith's soft eyes. "Hey, Philip. Want to help me maintain them?" She asked him, causing him to blush. "Sure." She grabbed his hand and walked to the dying rose bush.

"I already cut it at a 45-degree angle but they still keep dying." Claudette mattered, frustrated. "You need to cut off the dead branches down to the crown. Here, I'll show you." He skillfully began to cut the dead branches from the healthier ones. "This way, the water is used to keep it alive," Philip informed her, smiling.

Claudette smiled and hugged him tightly. "Thank you for showing me that." She looked at him smiling. Philip blushed fiercely, his hands on her back gently. "I want you to take them." Claudette ran back into a small setup she had. Her faces ran over a potted lily before picking it up and handing it to him.

"I- Thank you." Philip's eyes lit up as he took the small life form in his hands. The flower brought him hope, the smallest things could fight through to survive. "It's a little thank you." Claudette smiled brightly, hugging him tightly one last time before they walked away.

***

Claudette snuck around with Nea past the Autohaven Gas Station. "You open the door, I'm going to grab something from a box. Hopefully, a medkit to heal some of the wounds we still have just a bit faster." Claudette told her. Nea nodded and used the shadows to slip away to the door.

Claudette slowly entered the Gas Station and heard the ding as she entered. She began to rummage through the chest when something caught her eye. A lily was sitting proudly on the counter, the one she gave to Philip. She pulled out a toolbox, deciding to give to Jake when she got back. She walked to the flower, her eyes gleaming as her heart warmed.

It was just recently watered and cared for. Claudette smiled, tears welling up in her eyes. He kept it. He actually kept it.