Chapter 11

"I didn't expect to see you here" I said to Sasuke, cheering in my head that I didn't stutter.

"I... normally don't get coffee." He replied, looking at me with those cobalt eyes of his. I saw his forked tongue flicker in and out of his mouth out of the corner of my eye, making my gaze move to his lips for a second before looking at his eyes again.

"Well, they don't just have coffee." I told him.

"I don't like coffee because I don't like milk. That's why I normally order Americano coffee brewed with hot water instead of milk." He replied, turning back towards Ino and ordering what he just told me.

a.n Yes, I researched coffee for this. According to Quora, "Americano is a mix of espresso and hot water. Generally, most of the espresso based coffee use milk. However, the café Americano doesn't use milk. Americano needs hot water instead of milk." so I just kinda did that because snakes don't drink milk unless in a crises where severely dehydrated. There, you learned something new today.

"Oh" Upon receiving his order, I asked Ino for another black coffee with raspberries, and she complied. Sasuke looked at me strangely, but I just passed it off.

"That is an interesting kind of drink for you, Naruto. Isn't that called the 'dead mans coffee' around here?" He questioned.

"Yea. It's my favorite drink." He snorted, and continued sipping his Americano. I'm surprised he didn't notice the fresh tattoo on my arm.

Today, Sasuke was dressed a nice light blue button-up shirt. He looks really relaxed today. I wanted to hold his hand while we were walking, but decided against it. For obvious reasons.

"What is that mark on your arm?" He suddenly said.

"Heh heh" I started, rubbing the back of my head. "Well, uh, that's a uh."

Sasuke grabbed my arm and brought it up to his face. He examined the tattoo, running his fingers against the lines of the snake, rubbing his thumb over the end of the rose.

"It's a tattoo. Very intricate and... it's interesting, Naruto."

"Thank... You?"

He dropped my arm, nodding silently to himself. He continued slithering across the ground, leaving us in an uncomfortable silence. The streets slowly filtered out, until there was little to no people walking around. I decided to ask Sasuke about that night.

"Hey, Sasuke?" I started.

"Hn"

"Do you remember last night?"

"What about last night?" He looked at me, his tongue flickering in and out of his mouth.

"Th-The end..." I stuttered, mentally cursing my stuttering.

Sasuke went silent. Looking at his face, I saw a lot of emotions brewing in the cauldron of Sasuke.  The sun was bouncing off his hair, giving him an angelic kind of look. Not like the cybrid angel, but you know what I mean.

We went down the street, turning around at a crosswalk, and continued down towards where I lived. From how far we went in the opposite direction, it was an hour before I got home, not counting all the time I was going to the coffee shop.

"I'll see you tomorrow at school, Naruto. Avvedeci, Naruto." Sasuke slithered off before I could say another word.

"Avvedeci, Sasuke." I quietly said after him, walking into my house and going up to my room. I suddenly felt tired, and so without even changing I laid down onto my bed and went to sleep.

"What are we supposed to do, boss?"

"We need to get that last kitsune, boys. They are worth a lot on the black market."

"What about the lamia, sir?"

"He won't be a problem. Now, spread out and get that kitsune!"