Chapter 21

I've noticed this story took a strong turn. Sorry, I didn't want it to be too easy for Sasuke and Naruto. I kind of want it to be suspenseful, and actually make it worth it when the two end up together, if they end up together. jk, they will be. I kinda like telling you guys what the main ship will be at the end, and then watching as their journey from strangers to lovers unfolds. That's me, anyways. Please give me feedback, I'm dying to know what you guys think of this.

I woke up in my bed, all the Akatsuki members present, even Kisame, who was asleep, hanging into the doorway.

Konan was perched on my nightstand like some sort of bird, crouched on her feet hugging her knees. Her wings were just sitting comfortably on her back. Her head seemed to be hanging downwards uncomfortably, but if she was sleeping then it was comfortable enough.

Itachi had himself coiled up in the corner, his torso looked like it had bent backwards and his head ended up against the wall.

Pain had his hands wrapped around his knees as he sat unconscious in the fetal position in front of my bathroom door.

Hidan looked like he was just laying on top of Kakuzu, using Kakuzu's tail as a pillow.

Kakazu looked the same as Itachi, his 4 arms hanging effortlessly.

As I regained feeling in my chest, I felt a large weight on my leg and chest. Looking down, I saw Deidara staring up at me with Tobi sleeping on top of me. The two were kneeling beside my bed, and I could tell Deidara still wasn't over the initial shock of me choosing him over Uchiha.

Deidara has his head leaning against the back of Tobi's neck, one wing wrapped around him and Tobi, and the other looked like it was trying to protect me, but Deidara wasn't letting it since everyone else wanted to see me.

When I stopped looking at Deidara, I looked at my chest, where soft snoring could be heard, and I could see a red bundle of fur slowly rise up and down as it slept.

I assumed it was Sasori, since he was the only one not present in the room.

Pet him

Why would I do that?

I wanna see if he bites your hand off or not

And what do I get for making bad decisions?

More stories to tell your grandchildren.

I decided to block out Kurama and lightly, with two fingers slowly starting at Sasori's head, then traveling down his back slowly. I repeated the action, trying not to disturb the sleeping catamount.

Deidara seemed to perk up when I moved, his movement making Tobi shift but he didnt wake.

Deidara smiled at the affection, running his fingers through Tobi's hair, making me smile at how peacefully Tobi seemed to be sleeping.

I reached out my other hand to Deidara, smiling as he took it in his own.

When I joined, I was told Deidara was loud and impulsive. I was told that Sasori was so far deep in the shithole that is life tha he didnt feel meaning to it anymore. That Tobi would just be nuisance.

Yet, here they are, laying with me because they were worried.

"Deidara, you seem very tired."

"I'm the only one who didn't fall asleep yet. I wanted to watch you wake up."

"You should go to sleep. I'm not going anywhere, especially with Sasori on top of me."

Deidara smiled, then let out a sigh as he relaxed his head on top of Tobi, almost passing out as soon as he set his head down.