Chapter 8

Knowing the way back home from the shelter, I walked under the moonlit sky. Something ironic I found out is that these "monsters" know how to take care of this planet better than humans did. Looking up, the stars were clearly visible despite the large city. 

The stars twinkled brightly in the sky, the crescent moon the main source of light. It was truly a beautiful night.

While the sky was very beautiful, nights around here were, to say the least, dangerous. While they could take care of the Earth and the physical and geographical locations of the world, they still couldn't get along with each other.

Most of the time, beautiful cybrids would be kidnapped, raped, or even worse both of those then killed. And it all happened mostly in the night, since everyone had equal opportunities here, so there would be women coming home from their job as the manager of a huge company this late.

Though, I wasn't worried about it. During the night, my sense of hearing and smell were better, and it almost felt like the senses of a fox. Due to these, I'm very pretty and won't be jumped anytime soon.

Spotting no one around, I ducked into an alleyway. Finding a worn out ladder on the side of a building, I climbed carefully up it.

Suddenly, the ladder beneath me broke off, falling to the pavement below. Jumping up to grip the side of the roof before the rest of the ladder fell off, I hoisted myself up onto the roof. The slanted roof made it difficult to walk on, but I easily balanced myself, continuing my walk back home. 

When I got home, I jumped off the roof, landing on the sidewalk right in front of my front door. I opened the door, which wasn't locked since, since Jiraiya was home. He probably fell asleep, though.

Walking upstairs to the bathroom, I threw the hoodie onto the floor, along with the rest of my clothes. Turning the nozzle on my shower to start the water, I held my hand underneath it until the temperature was just right.

Carefully unwrapping the bandage over my tattoo, I lightly put some hand wash soap over the tattoo. When done, I gently dabbed over the area with a cloth to dry it off.

Upon stepping into the lukewarm water, I took a shorter shower than normal, and kept my tattoo out of the water as much as possible.

Stepping out of the shower, I quickly dried the tattoo first and dried off the rest of my body. Picking up my clothes, I set them in the special clothes basket for the bathroom. Walking out of the restroom I saw Jiraiya walking up he stairs.

"NARUTO! How many times have I told you not to walk out of the bathroom naked?" He yelled at me.

"Ever since I was six, Jiraiya. I still haven't listened. I'm gonna go sleep naked now, peace." I dismissed him.

"Wait, Naruto, did yo-" He started, but I interrupted him.

"Nope." I said as I closed my door.