Chapter 19

deidara would treat me right tbh and by that i mean he'd blow me up like heckin yeaaah.

"Naruto... I'm gonna miss you when you move away next month."

"Yeah.. I'm gonna miss you too, Gaara. I hope we can still meet up sometime, even after I move."

"That's unlikely. You'll probably just move on and get new friends and forget about me and my siblings."

"What!? I could never forget you guys!"

"You promise?"

"Cross my heart and hope to die."

I felt his lips on mine, and it felt like he was reassuring himself we would see each other again. We never really told anyone about our relationship, if that's even what it was. I never considered us to be 'together' or 'in love'.

Gaara couldn't fall in love. His heart was incapable of it. He'd asked me to 'set him up' with someone, but it never worked out. Sure, the date went good, but he never went on a second date with anyone because he just didn't love.

Right now, I was hanging out at The Sand Siblings household with Gaara cuddled into my chest. We had become very close friends, and Tenten even teases us about being on the fine line between friend and fuck buddy. Around Kankuro she refered to us as friends with benefits since Kankuro's a smol bean.

Temari has been calling Kankuro 'smol bean' ever since he started wearing the cat ear hoodies, which in fact, he still hasn't stopped wearing no matter how many times Tenten covers Temari's dirty mouth because there was a 'child' in the room.

"I don't want you to go to Konoha."

"Me neither."

"I wish you'd stay here. You're one of the few people that still care about me, that isn't Temari or Kankuro. Even my parents hate me."

"Gaara... I'm right here. I"ll always be right here. You know that, right? And you know that you can call anytime, right? I'll never forget you, Gaara. Because I'll always love you. I've told you before, but I'll love you enough for both of us. Even if I don't love you anymore and move on, I will always care about you. Just... promise me to never do anything bad."

"Cross my heart and hope to die."

Gaara rolled on top of me and pressed his lips against mine, gripping my shirt as he licked my lips asking for entrance. Parting my lips, he slipped his tongue inside my mouth and explored the wet cavern.

"Oh! I'm sorry, Naruto. I shouldn't take advantage of you like that." Gaara rolled off of me and laid down next to me, wrapping his arm around my chest and setting his head down atop my shoulder.

"It's fine, Gaara."

"No, it isn't."

"Well then stop worrying about it."

Gaara snorted. "You brat."

"Love you too."

Everything faded to black, then I started to hear things.

"Where is he?"

"I don't know!"

"You have to know! I told you to watch him!"

"Things didn't work out like you said they would! I'm sorry!"

"Sorry?! You let the brat go! Who knows where he could be now!"

"Master, I may know."

"Speak."

"I think he's with the Akatsuki now, sir."