Chapter 14

Gabby look at her watch and saw that it almost 10am and Jeff must have been on the way. She look at herself for the last time and says,

"It just a picnic nothing special." Gaby was wearing a peach color blouse with flowery pattern, black jean and a flat. Once Gabby felt that is alright, she took her peach color sling bag which contain her phone, wallet, lotion and small spray of perfume. She walk out of the room and saw her mother was also ready to go to work.

"You look nice today!" praised Jenny.

"Thanks I'm going to a picnic with a friend who asked me to accompany him." replied Gabby.

"Is it Wyatt?"

"No..Wyatt friend Jeff we recently became friend and he wanted me to be his plus one. He told me he be lonely so I agree."

"Just friend?"

"Yes mum we're just friends!!!" said Gabby as Jenny was hinting that Jeff and her are more than friends. Even if she does have feeling for him what can she do, she just reunite him with his Cinderella.

"I'll be visiting Donna slightly in the evening." said Gabby.

"No it's. Take the day off, have fun." said Jenny as she wants her daughter to enjoy herself rather than always be in the hospital which make her life boring.

"But mum.."

"No buts..if anything I will call you alright. Just have fun." order Jenny as she kiss Gabby forehead before walking out of the house.

After a few minutes Jenny left, Jeff came to pick Gabby up. When Jeff came to pick her up, Jeff wear formal just for a picnic. Gabby look at him and says,

"Do you think I need to change? "

"Why you look fine! "

"Are you sure? "

"Yes you look fine! "convinced Jeff. Gabby still felt that she need to change but since he said she looked fine, she trust him and stick with what she wear. Gabby lock the door and they left for the picnic.

The crowd started to roar and cheer the moment the run explode, the horses and their rider race to the finish line. Everyone at the crowd was cheering, hoping and praying that the horse that they have bet ion win the race. Each race would cost them thousand and thousand of dollar if they win they would get it big. Wyatt and Cindy was at the VIP room which was just for Wyatt but since Cindy is his girlfriend her family had been been invite to join him. Wyatt was not as happy as they are, yes he bet but for the fun of it. He would not bet something small if he lose his heart does not hurt so much. Even if he is super rich now, he was not once upon a time and he know the value of money to him betting is one of the worst thing a person should spend on money.

Cindy and her family was standing near the window and was shouting for their winning horse. Wyatt took a can of beer which was inside the fridge and open the can before pouring it down his throat Has he finish the can of beer, he throw the can into the bin and walk over to the sofa which was overlooking the race course, his horse that he bet on "Declare War" was his favour horse, which never once did him any good. His horse is now on the fourth lane the second horse from the back, each time he bet on the horse he always have fate that his horse one day he might win. And adain today is not his day. Wyatt looked away as he know what was going to be the result of his bet and sat down in the sofa when he heard the door open from the back. He turn around and saw Jeff was walking in while pushing someone into the VIP room.

"You lying bastard...you told me that we are going to a picnic?" shouted angrily at Jeff who manage to get her into the room.

"I buy something nice for you...so just this once...please I need your help with something."

"Nope...you lying ashole...I want to go home!!!" said Gabby as they walk into the room. Suddenly Wyatt heard the first lead rider fell off from the horse and end up make the horse from his back fall off too making his horse "Declare War" leading the race and within second his horse for the first time win the race. He looked at his winning horse and looked back at the Gabby and Jeff who just enter. He became speechless as he does not know what to said, his horse never wins. Cindy run towards him and hug him as she know that his horse had just won.

"Babe you won!!! You won!!!" shouted Cindy excitely. Her family looked happy for her but sad at the same time as they could have just won the race if the first horse did not fall.

"Congrats!!!" said Tracy who was not so happy for losing.

"Well thanks." reply Wyatt still in shock.

"Did you win?" said Gabby as they walk closer to him.

"I guess I did..wow" said Wyatt as he smile at Gabby.