Chapter 18

Gabby run out of the lift to the ICU which Donna is. From the lift she could already see her mother was weeping on the ground. Gabby went down to her knee and sat beside her mother and say,

"What happen"

"I don't know the doctor called when I was doing my round. They said her heart suddenly stop."

"What are they going to do?"

"They are trying to get the surgeon bring forward the surgery. But something tell me that I am going to lose her" said Jenny. Gabby push her mother closer toward her and hug her tightly. Her heart too felt something else going to happen. She just hope that what her heart feels is not true.

Ben the doctor in charge of Donna walk toward them who was praying on the floor, look at them and felt bad what he's going to say to them.

"Ben!"

"Jenny!"

"Have you spoken to the surgeon about the surgery?"

"I did but..."Jenny look at Gabby and they looked back at Ben who was having a hard time telling them a very important news.

" Ben what is going on! What did they said? "

" It seem that Donna donor has been given to someone else! "

" No it can't be... They were supposed to be hers. She was in line for the donor... Ben!!!"

"I am sorry!"

"I don't need your sorry I need you to do something! She is going to die!!"

"What do I need do please tell me anything that can help Donna!"

"Um...I can try to get any donor up but it going to be expensive since it last minute!"

"How much?"

"You need another 100 000!"

"What!!!Is there any way?"

"I am sorry that the only way. If you could get any 100 000, I can get the surgery done now!!!"

"Fine do it!!" said Gabby with full confident.

"Gabby!!!" surprise Jenny.

"Do it...now...I get you the money ready!"

"Alright!" Ben start to run while making calls. Jenny look at Gabby shock on how are they going to pay the other 100 000 dollar when they already having problem paying the first one. Gabby took her phone out and called Wyatt. Right now he is the only one that could help her. It start to rings, but it took a very long time for him to answer but the line drop. Gabby tries and try again but still no one answer. The 10 times when she wanted to gives up someone answer.

"Hello Gabby!"

"Cindy is Wyatt there?"

"Um... He is in the washroom."

"Do you think you could tell him to call me back. I need his help!"

"What is it I tell him?"

"Tell him I need him to borrow me 100 000 dollar!"

"What! Why do you need that much!?"

"Donna operation, please tell him to called me asap!"

"I understand."

Both line got disconnected. Gabby could only pray that he called her back as soon as possible.

Jeff run to the cashier where Gabby told him she meet. Jeff saw Gabby waiting and immediately give his card to her. 30 minutes ago, Gabby called him crying asking him for help. She called Wyatt but Wyatt did not answer but Cindy took the called and Gabby left the message but he did not called back and she does not have anyone else for help and called him instead. Jeff immediately agreed to help and rush even if he had broken a few road law. He wanted to save Donna even if he never meet her before. Once Gabby give the card to the cashier, the the cashier immediately cash it and once it was done with in minutes they rush up to the ICU to tell Jenny and the doctor.

Gabby open the door of the ICU wanting to tell her mother the good when she saw her mother was weeping on top of Donna body. She could hear a clear line with the machine and immediately she know Donna's gone. The doctor and the nurse could only stand aside feeling sad as they know Donna and the family very well.

"Mum what are you doing? She can't breath!" said Gabby as she push Jenny aside

"Gabby... She... She gone! My baby's gone!!!"

"No that no true Jeff he pay her bills mean she can go for the operation mum stand up she can't breathe!!!"

"Gabby!!!" said Jeff as he tries to pull her away from Donna cold body.

"Jeff she is going to be fine. Dr Ben you said she is going to be fine if I make another payment."

"I am sorry Gabby." said Dr Ben whose tears was already rolling out from his eyes.

Gabby look at Donna's body and her leg suddenly became very weak. She fall down just like her heart. Jeff squat down in front of her. Gabby look up and say,

"No... No... This can't be!!!" shouted Gabby.

"I am sorry Gabby you try."

Gabby start to cry her heart out. Throughout the years she never thought that they going to lose Donna. She could not accept that her baby sister is gone. after all the things she sacrifice the only things she Dream of is having Donna being better again but now she's gone how is she going to live?