Flashback

"Draak!"

"What? What'd I do now?" Marcos just started laughing. He's always scaring for no reason. To be honest, he reminds me so much of Roman. "You're a jerk!"

"Yeah, but I'm your jerk." He started laughing again as my face went as red as fire. It burned like it to.

"Hey, Marcos."

"I know." Marcos whispers as he kisses my cheek. It was only a second lapse before he was once again laughing at me and my ridiculousness.

"Marcos!" My heart started racing and my lungs started to burn. It wasn't my normal anxiety attack but it was still there. I mean he did just kiss me. Even if it was on the cheek. Even if he is my boyfriend. It was still a kiss.

"Hey. You ok? I'm sorry I won't do it again. Ok?"

"You promise?" I tried to get my breathing under control but it was a bit difficult. I really didn't want another incident like last week to happen again.

"I promise to not do that again." I nod and I start to feel better. "Unless you're being cute, then its fair game."

"MARCOS!" He bolts away in a dash as I run after him. The entire time he never stopped laughing. About 10 minutes into the chase Marcos was pulled away to help Elphie with her work, so I went off on my own. Elphie's going to be leaving soon. She told me my training hasn't been completed yet and that she will be leaving before it will be. Last time I spoke to her she said that I was going to be going to the Eastern base for more offensive magic. I don't know what to think. One one hand, I am happy. This way I learn more ways to fight, strengthen my magik, and do my duties as a guardian. On the other hand, I'm petrified. Not only do I not have Elphie, who knows what could happen. What if the nightmares find me? What if I can't learn any more things? What if I'm not strong enough? What would THEY say if they learned about all of this? What would he do?

"Thinking about Roman again?" I look up to see a sad looking Marcos standing beside me.

"I thought you had to go help Elphie."

"I did, she sent me to come to get you ironically. And you're avoiding the question." I started making my way to the Council building. I could see the hurt in his eyes, but... How do you tell your boyfriend of 2 years, that you're still thinking about your childhood crush? It's even harder when you've lived with the guy since you were 3. So he's not only my childhood crush but he's practically family as well, how do tell your boyfriend that? I love Marcos I do. I do but... Roman's never far from my thoughts, no matter how much I hate it.

"Ah, There you are Draak." I walked in to find Elphie sitting at this large table talking to one other person. He had a darker blonde color hair then what I remember Patton had. He was wearing a plain grey t-shirt and blue jeans. I noticed pretty quickly, he looked similar to me. I started to guard myself. Whoever he was, I did not trust him one bit. I went over and sat by Elphie, while Marcos went and sat across from me. He didn't seem to have any trouble with this guy.b"This is... Well, he didn't really say his name, but he came here from the eastern base."

"I thought I wasn't leaving yet." I looked around the table to find everyone trying their hardest to not make eye contact with me.

"There's been a change of plans. Elphie got another letter this time from the southern base. So we're going to be heading their tomorrow." I look up at Marcos as he said it, shock and worry just rolling off of me.

"Wait, W-we? As in."

"I will be accompanying Elphaba on her trip." A light popped above me right after said that. My anxiety was rising again. I told him right. I told him the dream I had. He knows how I feel about this trip. Why would he go?