Virgil (Ch.13)

March 21st... 

Why is it always March 21st...

Why does it always have to be March 21st?

"Uh. Sweetheart." I look over at Marcos, whos looking very concerned.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" He just smiles sadly.

"I asked if you would like to go into the mind space today?" 

"Why would I want that?" It's been a month. A WHOLE MONTH and not a single word from them. Honestly, it's starting to look like Marcos is the only one who really cares.

"Because I don't think it would be very good if you stayed in here today. There's going to be a festival..."

"A festival, that sounds grand let's go to that. I'll go get some bang around clothes and you can show me how to get there and..."

"Virgil!" I froze. He knew I was trying to be avoidant. It's one of my go tos. I just don't know what I want anymore. "It's in honor of your father's death, against Roman."

"Oh..." Marcos came over and took my hand.

"Besides there's going to be all those Icky itchy people, pushing and touching. ugh, just animals." I burst out laughing. He always knows what to say to cheer me up. 

"Ok so no town, what else can we do?" He was still holding my hand. "What?"

"I trust you'll come back. You've shown me every day for the past month. I wouldn't have suggested it if I thought you wouldn't. Not that I would've stopped you." I know you would have, though. What I don't know is if I'm happy about that. "Is this because it's his birthday?"

"NO... yes... maybe, I don't know. I guess I'm a little upset. I guess I haven't been helping you with the whole getting them to find me... thing but... Nothing, not a word. Not a sign. Not even a declaration of war from the very dramatic Princey. I could've left at any time but I didn't that's on me that's my fault." Marcos let go and sat back against his chair taking everything in. "I shouldn't expect them to be the only ones doing anything. I have to stop being so pissed at them when I'm literally acting like a fucking damsel in distress."

"So what does that mean?" I stood up and grabbed my trench coat, hat, gloves from the closet.

"Get the carriage. I'm going out."

It took a while but I arrived at the northern side cabin for the eastern base. I got out and told the coach to stay here and wait for me. I knocked but no one answered. To say I was anxious would be an understatement. I walked in to find no one here. It was Romans birthday after all they were probably all out...

"Why would I be thinking about Virgil? He's off with Marcos, and today is my birthday." Wait... that was Roman. I walk up to a window and see Roman and the others by a pile of presents. He had this big smile on his face. "He's not here, is he? Why should I let him spoil my day huh?"

Tears started falling before he even said anything else. I start to walk away when I bump into someone. I feel as hands go on my shoulders.

"Are you alright? Do you need anything? You seem a bit frightened." Deceit... I shake my head and without even looking at him, I ran straight for the exit. He didn't recognize me in what I was wearing. He could hardly even see me with my hat on. Good... I jumped into the carriage and told him to step on it. Marcos was right. I don't belong with them. I never did.

By the time I got back, it had gotten dark. The streets in town were filled with fire lanterns and burning grass dolls. As I pulled up to the castle Marcos was standing there waiting for me. I ran out of the carriage, before it even stopped, right into Marcos's arms. 

"Are you sure? I mean as much as I hate the guy, I find it hard to believe he would just say that."

"Who's side are you on?" 

"Yours, of course, It's just, I know how much they mean to you. When I got you, Roman was the first one out, I swear he was going to kill me. I don't see how he could lose interest in saving you in only a months time." We were both sitting in the living room. I had this whole episode, crying and screaming, while Marcos just listened to every word.

"Unless he never had any interest in saving me."

"Sweetheart, don't talk like that. If It were me I wouldn't rest."

"I already know how you feel... I just... I don't know anymore." I cover my face with my hands as I start to cry again, my illusion fading until it was completely gone. I was far to upset to keep it up and now that its down I feel even more upset.

"Well, what do you want?"

"I want someone to love me. I want someone to want me. I want someone to want to be near me. I just want..."

Next thing I know I'm being kissed... hard. His hands start wandering and my breathing damn near stops. My heart is beating a mile a minute and I can't focus. Everything things just happening so fast, and I can feel as my head started to swim.  I felt my head hit the couch arm and he moves over top of me. I completely lose my breath and I break away.

"Marcos stop." Instantly his face goes red and moves to the opposite end of the couch. My heart beats unsteady and I can't seem to catch my breath. I feel like I'm overheating and my brain is way to fuzzy.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what got over me."

"Marcos?" My voice was uneven and glitchy. He looks up over at me as I try to stand, my week knees making it hard to keep my balance. "Bed... Now!"

A wicked grin spread across his lips as he got up off the couch and knelt down.

"As you wish your Highness."