Chapter-1

Disclaimer: I don't own Twilight or Wolverine, but I do take credit for Bella's awesomeness in this story.

"I don't carry no grudges, bub - I work out my aggressions on the spot!"

Bella's POV

It's September 13, 1912. It's my eleventh birthday and I'm in pain. My mom is in the bedroom with a man who isn't my father. I can hear them even though I have my hands over my ears. The man who isn't my father is groaning and panting. When he leaves, he'll give my mom some money and then she can go to the store to buy me some medicine for my pain. I love her so much. She's so beautiful and when I grow up, I'm going to look just like her.

Another sound, maybe four or five blocks away, catches my attention. I recognize the staggering feet as those of my father, a man I hate. I try not to whimper too loudly. He hates it when I make noise. I try to get out of bed to warn my mother, but I end up on the floor, crying. The pain is deep inside my bones. The world goes black for a minute and then the door is opening. My father hears the noises and he goes into the bedroom.

He yells. I hear mom screaming and then I hear a gunshot, and the screaming stops. I hear another shot and I'm on my feet. The pain is forgotten and I'm running into the room. The door is ajar and I smell the rust and salt scent of blood. My mom is on the bed. The stranger is next to her. Their clothes are off and they're covered in blood.

I scream and my father grabs the collar of my nightgown. He slams an empty beer bottle into my temple and I fall to the ground. My fingernails dig into the floor as he begins to pull my nightgown off. My hands begin to hurt and bleed. Something begins to poke out from between my knuckles. They're white like bone and it burns.

They push through and they're long like claws. I twist around and plunge them into my father. They push through stomach, crushing the bones and tearing the flesh. I scream, this time in anger and rip them out of him. The door is open and I escape into the darkness. I run as fast as I can. My bare feet are immune to the glass and rocks beneath me. I run faster than I've ever run. The burning pain in my legs disappears as I run through the city. No one can catch me. I run even faster than a horse, or even an automobile.

I keep running because something is after me, it's going to catch me it's-

I jerked out of my dream with a startled shriek. My seatbelt kept me from going out the windshield as Charlie slammed on the breaks. He looked over at me, silently asking if I'm all right. I nodded my head, feeling guilty that I freaked him out. He has enough problems without having to worry about my mental health.

It was January 10th, 2010 and I was on my way to Forks, Washington.

Charlie was a nice guy. I've been around long enough to know how to spot them. Charlie didn't ask me stupid questions or prattle on about how much fun it was going to be with me around. He also didn't comment on the fact that I was going to be a huge interruption in his solitary life. When I'd decided to move to Forks, I'll admit I was worried about how Charlie would receive me. It's not as if I go out of my way to be horrible, but oftentimes, people find me to be…difficult.

Charlie was my new foster mom, Renee's ex-husband. That alone made me feel like a jerk. If it weren't for the fact that I'd visited Charlie over the summer when I was pretending to be seventeen, (really, I was a hundred and seven), I never would have considered asking him if I could stay.