Chapter-20

Edward's POV

Friday, August 13th, 2010.

It was very difficult not to search Alice's mind for one glimpse of Bella, but I knew that she would rip my throat out if I did, quite literally. Instead, I looked around.

Renée, Phil, and Victor sat together in the front row. Phil and Victor in black tuxedos and Renée in a light blue knee-length dress. Victor had told them that he had been in Iraq when his sister had her accident. He was very grateful that they had looked after Bella for him.

Renée was only too pleased to meet me. Apparently, Bella was too transparent to keep the love of her life a secret. The woman had barely batted an eyelash when Bella had explained that she was engaged. All that worrying was for nothing.

Alice's decorations were stunning as always. She'd bought almost half a dozen different flowers; orange blossoms, lilac, freesias and roses. The humans seemed to enjoy them.

I smelled her before I heard her and I looked up.

She was so beautiful.

Alice had done her job well. Bella stood partially hidden behind the curtain as Alice danced down the aisle. She was studying the décor with eyes outlined by long, thick eyelashes. She smiled softly at the white blossoms that hung from everything that wasn't alive.

Her cue came, and she took a deep breath as Rosalie began to play Pachelbel's Canon in D. Charlie took her arm and led her down the stairs. The narrow sheath of her shimmering white dress flared out subtly at the train, like an inverted calla lily.

She smiled widely, her cheeks rosy with light blush and her own blood. I held out my hand and she took it. She barely looked at Carlisle or Mr Weber as he began the ceremonies. I couldn't complain. She looked dazzling.

"Looking pretty good for an old man," she whispered so that the humans next to us couldn't hear. I snickered.

"You don't look too bad yourself," I whispered back, playing along.

"Alice," she murmured. "I feel like a dress up doll."

"Remind me to buy her a Porsche to thank her."

Alice smirked widely behind Bella's head. She held up her bouquet and pretended to smell the flowers while she hid her laughter.

"-for as long as you both shall live?" I heard Bella's cue and she smiled widely.

"Totally du - I mean, I do."

I laughed at her obviously intentional slip and said the words that would make her mine forever. "I do."

The minister barely had time to say, you may kiss the bride, before Bella threw her arms around my neck, bouquet and all, and pressed her warm lips to mine.

I heard the distant sounds of laughter and Victor's voice rang out, "Don't let her take control Edward! You'll never get it back!"

It was very, very difficult not to break out into laughter as Bella flipped off her grandfather without even bothering to break the kiss. I pulled away from her and chuckled along with most of the congregation. She shrugged unashamedly as I shot her a reproving look.