GIRL TALK

"Yam." I said with a fake smile.

"Oh, Hi Pie. Long time no see. Out for a shopping?" She said. Man, this girl still gets to my nerves.

"No, we were actually looking for a place to settle for dinner. We just got out from the movie house." Kim was the one who answered. I tightened the grip on her arm to express my annoyance. I think she got the sign when she twitched a bit.

"That's great! Can I join? I have a great place in mind that I think you guys would enjoy." She said clapping. We all were silent for a while. Unsure if we should let her tag along. This is a double date, we don't need any fifth wheeler for us.

"Uhm. Would that be fine with you girls?" Shone asked me and Fern, looking a bit concerned. Then we faced Yam. She looked so ready for the dinner.

"Come on guys! It's not everyday that we all see each other. Please? My treat! I swear you would all enjoy this place." She said trying to really convince us.

"Okay. I think it's not a bad idea, how about you Pie?" Fern looked at me, mentally telling me just to say yes and ride along.

"Okay. It's fine with me too." I said faking a smile.

"Great! Let's go now!"

And there she goes tagging along us.

---

At the Restaurant

"This place is really fine. How did you find this place?" Fern said, trying to lighten up the ambiance. She knows I feel uncomfortable with this, Yam being around us.

"I actually discovered this place when I got back from the states. This is a new restaurant, only operating for about a year. This place is really relaxing and has delicious set of food. Go on and order. I'll be the one treating you guys." She said smiling. I was still feeling uneasy. When she spoke again.

"I'm sorry for tagging along. I know that you were having a group date." She was now feeling sad a bit for what she had done. "It's just that I had a bad day and you are the only few people that I am really familiar with when I came back."

"It's fine. We hope we can lighten up your mood even by just tagging alongside you." Shone said. Sounding sincere. Now I was the one feeling bad. Here I was feeling mad over a little date disturbance not thinking of other people's feelings. I want to feel that I am good with her, but I just really feel uneasy, but I think I can just give it a shot.

"What happened that made you feel bad?" I was the one who asked the question.

"Well, one of my patients' kind of became mad at me. You know, the stressed ones because of the kind of therapy they are doing. He feels that we are not helping him enough. He's a bit hard headed for a 26-year-old guy." She said reenacting with big hand gestures, which I find to be funny.

"Wow. I didn't know that you were a doctor already? That's really great." I said with sincerity.

"Yes, I actually went out to the states for a year and just came back recently. One of my most recent patient was actually Kim herself." She said in as-if-a-matter-of-fact tone.

"The day they came to the hospital, I was the person on the emergency room. I found these two together with Pii. I really find her really cute and funny." Yam said smiling.

I looked at Kim and she stared at me with a nervous expression. Why didn't she tell me that? I noticed Kim finding the right words to say.

"Yes, and I am really thankful to you for helping me out that day." Kim said in a nervous tone and an awkward smile. "So, shall we order?" she added. Trying to change the subject that much?