LOST

LOST

I was panting the whole time because Kim’s steps were bigger than mine. Have you seen her legs? I think she’s got the genes of daddy long legs. If they even are related.

“Is there anything that you like to buy Pie? We can make a quick stop on some souvenir shops so we don’t need to rush things by tomorrow.” Kim told me as she was still walking holding the grocery bags.

“I bought some souvenirs already.” I answered her quickly so there would be no dead air between the two of us. As we were scanning the area for possible things to buy, she started walking fast again. My feet really hurt by now.

“Hey Kim, can you wait up. I have baby feet remember?” I bumped into her since she stopped abruptly.

“Ouch! Why did you stop?” I whined. Stupid Kim, she always does that when we were together before, stopping in the middle of the street.

“Sorry, we can take a rest for now; we have all the ingredients this time. We’re almost done.” She said still not looking at me. During this whole market thing, she barely talks to me. What is her problem?

I was contemplating my thoughts when suddenly a huge crowd of people came towards us. When the crowd went down, it dawned me that Kim was not near me. Where is that tomboy!? Oh my gosh! I can’t be lost in this place. I don’t even know the people in here!

I walked fast phase to look for Kim, I was walking for ten minutes but still no sign of her. I tried to reach for my phone, but it has no signal. Yes, I have Kim’s number already.

I never wanted the idea of being lost somewhere. It feels like all the things around me are going to eat me up. With Kim not around, I feel like I’ll be dead.

I have to admit that I’m really stupid with directions.

Where is that Kim? I’m starting to think that Kim isn’t worried about my whereabouts. She’s definitely not looking for me and doesn’t care if what happened to me already, but I know Kim is not like that. She’s probably looking for me too. I just have to look for her as well.

----

It was already sunset. And it’s been 30 minutes since I last saw Kim, I really feel like crying right now. I was about to lose hope and just go home alone to ask some questions to some locals how to go back to the resort until I saw a familiar back with the same posture that I really memorized.

“KIM!”

Finally! I was able to find her already! It’s about time to go home!

“Kim! Hey!” I called her attention again. But she was not looking at me, I think she didn’t heard me.

As I went closer, I noticed that she was not alone. There were a bunch of girls that were surrounding her and this time; I can say that she was laughing along with these girls. Was she not looking for me and the whole time she was just here hanging with these girls? Giggling and making them laugh and just like that she forgot that I was lost and I was nowhere to be found? I started to breath heavy, I don’t want to be mad at Kim without an particular reason.

“Ki…” I was not able to finish my sentence when I saw the girl kissed her in her cheek and bid goodbye. And this time, I felt like I will never be in Kim’s world again. She really never cared for me, I ran away so fast and wouldn’t care if I bumped into people already.

I had no idea where I was going, I just ran so I won’t see her face anymore. I don’t want to see her.  I was able to make a stop on a big tree and that’s where I decided to let my broken heart mend for a moment.

I was very much positive that I was alone in this place, it’s a bit far from the town market. My only problem now aside from the sulking feeling knowing Kim doesn’t care for me, is that I am now a major lost person. I don’t know how I got here and how to go home. I will surely die here and maybe some bad guys would kidnap me and sell me as a slave.

“AAAAARGHHHH!!!!”
“STUPID KIM! I HATE YOU! I WAS LOST AND YOU HAVE ALL THE GUTS TO TALK TO THOSE GIRLS AND NOT LOOK FOR ME! I REALLY HATE YOU! YOU REALLY DON’T CARE ABOUT ME ANYMORE!” I shouted every clear and loud. No one will hear me in this place.

“YOU EVEN FLIRTED WITH THEM!!! AAAAAHHHH!!!” I felt tired shouting and with the feeling that I lost all my energy to speak my knees went weak, not only because I’m exhausted from running but also because of the thought of Kim not caring about me.

“I hate you.” I said in a low voice and I felt something warm in my cheeks. I was crying. I don’t want to cry because of Kim anymore. If she doesn’t care for me I won’t care for her either.

“I hate you, I hate you, I hate you.”  I said in low voices, my tears just won’t stop, I’m hurt and I’m lost. A very great vacation for me. What a life!
I felt something cold somewhere near my shoulder. I was scared, what if there’s a ghost here?

“Here’s an ice cream for you. Sorry if I lost you along the way.” Kim said to me in a low voice.
I didn’t face her, what is she doing here and how did she found me? Why is she here right now and how did she find me? I was still not looking at her and still not moving too. I don’t want her to see my crying, not this time anymore.

“Hey Pie, I’m sorry. I got lost too and I was not able to find you. Look at me.” she said touching my shoulders. I shoved her hand away from my shoulders. I was mad at her but I can’t deny the fact that I feel safe whenever she is around, I can say that I know that I can still believe her. But I was still hurt.

“Don’t be. I’m fine. Let’s go back to the resort. I’m tired now Kim.” I stood up and made a step until she grabbed my hand that made me stop. What does she want from me now?

“Pie… I’m really sorry.”

“Not now Kim, let’s just go.”, and with those last words, I waited for her to move so I can follow her. I don’t know which way to go. But I’m still not going to talk to her. Not now, I just hope not never.