N I N E

Warning: this chapter includes topics that may be triggering for some readers. Please read with caution.

CHRIS waited in his living room, hands locked together nervously.

He was waiting patiently for the girl, for he knew she would come looking for her phone.

Chris knew exactly what he was doing when he snatched her phone from her bag, he knew it was wrong but he wanted to hangout with cleo more often.

After seeing the state she was in the night before, the boy only grew more attracted to her.

However, the boy didn't realize that he was gaining feelings for the girl with the dark hair.

A sudden ring echoed through the lonely house, and chris jumped to his feet.

He quickly flung the door open, acting surprised to see the one and only cleo.

"Hei! what are you doing here?" Chris questioned the girl, using all his strength to stop the smile that was bound to come one way or another.

"Um i think i might have lost my phone here" Cleo explained, shifting her weight from the right leg to the left leg.

"Oh, well there just so happens to be a phone on the counter, wanna see?" Chris asked, and cleo's eyes widened.

"Yeah sure" Cleo answered, stepping inside.

"Is this it" Chris asked, holding up a golden iphone 6 plus.

"Yep, where did you find it?" cleo questioned, taking the phone from the boys hands.

"It was lying on the counter, by the beer" Chris lied, biting down on his bottom lip.

"Not a surprise" Cleo laughed, and chris took his time to closely observe the girl.

He noticed the dimples that appeared only when she smiled or laughed, and he found it adorable.

Chris mentally scolded himself for being so soft, yet he shrugged it off.

"I should get going now, thank you" Cleo smiled at the boy, who was so focused on her eyes that he hadn't replied.

"Chris?" cleo waved a hand in his face, her brows scrunched up in confusion.

"What? oh shit sorry, you can stay if you'd like?" Chris offered, silently praying she'd stay.

"Are you sure?" Cleo hesitated, sticking her phone in her back pocket.

"Yeah, yeah" Chris replied, running his hand through his brunette locks.

Cleo took a seat on the sofa, smiling at the boy who grabbed the remote from the tv stand.

"Um what do you want to do?" Chris asked, glancing at the girl who only smiled at the boy and shrugged her shoulders.

"Anything" she replied without thinking, her eyes suddenly widening at his smirk.

"I mean anything but that chris" Cleo shook her head, trying not to smile.

After a while, cleo finally asked the question she'd been wanting to ask for a long time now.

"So uh where are your parents?" Cleo hesitatingly asked, watching the boy.

He snapped his head towards the girl, surprised that she was asking.

"Um well they aren't really around, why?" Chris responded, locking eyes with the girl.

"I just wanna know about you i guess" Cleo admitted, blushing slightly.