S E V E N T E E N

CLEO and the girls sat together at a park table, chatting about school.

The girls new cleo was off, her eyes were sunken and her pupils were enlarged. Noora was the only one who knew what could possibly be happening, as well as chris. Any time noora walked passed her door the smell of weed lingered in that spot.

It had been two weeks since cleo first got into drugs, and she wasn't so sure she liked the process. She'd wake up, get high, go to school, go home and get high again.

On the inside cleo was screaming for help, screaming for a relationship with her parents, a relationship with her brother, and most of all, a relationship with christoffer.

However, on the outside cleo looked fine. Other than her stressed state, she looked like every other human being. Cleo wasn't sure if she should appreciate it or despise it.

The first few days of getting high were the best days of her life, she thought it would be like that every time she got high. Sadly, her feelings only grew worse when she got high. She felt stuck, like she could never get out of what she was in.

The only positive thing she thought of was cornell. The two grew closer over time and he helped her get over her feelings for chris.

"Cleo?" noora waved a hand in front of cleo's face, who seemed to space out.

"Yeah?" cleo replied, snapping out of her thoughts.

The girls stared at her with concern, and cleo lowered her head towards the ground and fiddled with her thumbs.

"i'm sorry i've been acting so different guys. I got into something and i really, really hate it but at the same time i love it and i have no idea what to do" cleo explained, meeting eyes with each of the girls.

The girls stayed quite, dumbfounded. Cleo bit her lip, regretting her words.

"W-what did you do?" vilde spoke up, looking at the other girls awkwardly.

Cleo hesitated to answer, fearing the groups disappointment. Disappointment was something cleo had always hated, for she was so used to it. It ate her alive and continued to to hunt for more even when she had nothing left for it to feed on.

"Drugs" cleo mumbled, hoping non of the girls would hear her.

"Well, uh, what kind of drugs?" vilde asked, the other girls wondered the same question.

"At first it was just weed, and then acid, and then, um" cleo stopped, feeling as her friends would be really disappointed in her if she went on.

"Then what?" sana asked, her voice growing anxious.

"Cocaine" cleo looked up, staring at her friends shocked faces.

"What why? i mean weed isn't even bad, acid isn't a really big deal, but cocaine?" sana asked, and to cleo's surprise, she wasn't mad, more so sympathetic.

However, cleo couldn't decide which one is worse. Anger or sympathy, cleo hated sympathy.

"I don't know, i don't know what happened and i'm so confused and i don't know what to do i don't even know what i'm feeling or why i'm feeling it, i can't stand this anymore" cleo couldn't help herself anymore, she was so worked up and stressed that she just blew up without realizing it.

The girls once again stared at her with shock, but before cleo knew it the girls were group hugging.

Cleo used all of her strength to fight back her tears, relaxing into her friends warming hugs.

Once the girls pulled away, they all smiled at each other. Each of them with tears welling in their eyes, to say the girls had grown very close over time was nothing but the truth. So it hurt to see their friend in so much pain.

"I love you guys" cleo shakily laughed, wiping her tears that slowly slid out from her deep brown eyes.

The girls laughed as well.

"We love you too, and that's why we have to stick together no matter what. Anytime, anyplace, we need to have each other's backs even if we're mad at one another, sad or angry with ourselves, if we're in a bad mood, we will always have each other's backs okay?" noora smiled at the girls, who nodded their heads in agreement.

"Cleo, are you addicted?" eva hesitantly asked the girl.

"I don't know, i've only been doing it for a week or two but i feel like i need to do it when i'm mad or upset about anything" cleo replied, biting her lip.

The girls looked at one another, and smirked.

Cleo looked at them perplexed, and suddenly felt worried at what they were thinking.

"We, are going to help with that. We can sleep over at your apartment until you feel like you don't need to rely on drugs" noora stated, and cleo looked shocked.

"You guys will really all stay in one little apartment just to help me?" cleo asked, and the girls only smiled.

"If you want us to, then we'll be there, and if you don't want us to, we'll still be there" sana chuckled, and the girls laughed along.

"Are you sure?" cleo asked once more, internally hoping they truly didn't mind. Cleo wanted help, and she wouldn't be able to help herself.

Her heart was filled with regret, and pain. Pain not only for herself, but for her friends. She felt like she had abandoned them, or betrayed them for something so horrible. She felt like her father.

________________________________
Shit, it's been a while since i updated. I'm going to start updating more now that school isn't so stressful(a phat lie) but hopefully this chapter isn't as bad as i think it is.