TWENTY

CLEO was currently sitting on her bed, the raven colored blanket wrapped around her body.

Her mind was a racing mess, for she had heard recently heard her father had gotten out of prison. The prison had called not to long ago, informing her on her fathers release.

Since then, she had been driving herself crazy with paranoia and fear. Yes, she had gotten used to it and knew this was coming, but know that it had actually happened all she felt was fear.

She wondered if he'd try and find her, or if he'd contact her friends or the school. Would he send people after me? Has he changed at all? Would be hurt anyone?

Cleo continued to interrogate herself, growing more and more anxious every passing minute.

She couldn't call chris, nor her friends in fear of him finding her at the wrong timing.

Cleo was the only person who knew what extremities her father would go to, after all she had witnessed it her whole childhood, alone.

Cleo shut her phone off anyways, afraid he might call.

As of now, cleo continued to gaze over her dimly lighten room. Staring at nothing in particular, the painful beating in her head continued to ache.

A loud knock echoed through the apartment, causing cleo to jump out of her skin and face the door in utter fright.

Cleo quickly jumped to her feet, but stood still in front of her bed. Afraid her father was standing mere inches outside the door, she grabbed a baseball bat from under her bed.

Slowly making way for the door, she swallowed a nervous lump from her throat, the bat held in her arms on one side of her body.

Doing so quickly, she unlocked the door and left the door chain alone. She cracked the door open, peaking out to see a confused noora.

"What are you doing?" the blonde asked, perplexed.

"Answering the door, what are you doing?" cleo undid the door chain, letting noora into her apartment.

Setting the bat down on the counter, she faced noora with a blank expression.

"Well, i was just coming over to see you, and um i'm not so confident anymore that you know i was coming" noora glanced towards the bat, then back to cleo.

"I just thought you were someone else" cleo replied, taking a seat on the stool.

"So you brought a bat?" noora asked,doing the same.

"Yep, who knows freddy krueger could have been waiting right outside my door" cleo widened her eyes, nodding her head as if she were telling a six year old a story.

Noora shook her head, dropping her bag on the ground.

"You confuse me" noora sighed, chuckling afterwards.

A moment of silence passes by, and cleo found herself growing more anxious for the following days.

"So um, the girls and i were talking and we were thinking about throwing our own party? but we decided not to make a decision until you've given your own opinion" noora explained, tilting her head to the side with a grin.

Cleo immediately smiled, happy that her friends hadn't left her out of the decision making.

"Well, you know me so you know my answer" cleo chuckled, and noora laughed at her answer.

"We were thinking having it this friday, what do you think?" noora asked.

"I think that's great, where at?"

"We can't do it here, we can't do it at my place, or vildes, or chris's, or sanas, so now all we have to do is get eva to agree with doing it at her place" noora rambled, and cleo shook her head in agreement.

"Eva's house has the most room, and it's nicer than all of ours combined" cleo laughed, taking a sip of her tea.

"Who are we going to invite?" noora grabbed her phone, and began scrolling through her social media's.

"How about everyone who wants to come?" cleo said, doing the same.

"Good idea, should we pass out flyers?" noora and cleo thought about it for a second, and quickly cringed at the idea of passing flyers around the school.

"Hell no, what is this? mean girls?" cleo laughed once more, shaking her head.

"How about we just post it on all of our social media's? and maybe we can get chris to spread the word since he's obviously going to come" cleo offered, and noora smiled widely.

"That, my dear friend, is a fantastic ideal" noora spoke is a fake squeaky voice.

"Ok, so party on friday, eva's house, hopefully" cleo confirmed with noora, and the blonde shook her head yes.

"I'll call eva tonight and tell you what she says, i gotta go though, i have to study for tomorrow's quiz" noora sighed, hopping off the stool.

"Alright, bye see you later" cleo watched as the girl left with a smile.

Once the door was shut, she sighed. Her mind once again began its panicking, driving her crazy.

_________________________________
Another short chapter lmao.
What's your opinion on the new cover? lol in my opinion it's nOt tHe besT but better than before i guess. Hope you like this chapter, even though it's boring as hell.