NINETEEN

TWO months had passed since the night at the park. Cleo and chris were closer than ever, constantly together. However they weren't actually together.

Cleo had cut off all contact with cornell, and drugs. Well partly, at parties she would occasionally smoke weed. She had gotten better with her drinking problem, but she still enjoyed to her drunk at parties.

The girls had grown closer, closer than they were before. Everything was turning out to be a happy cliche, and as much as cleo cringed to admit it, she loved it.

Cleo hadn't heard anything from her father, nor her mother. She was happy about that, the last thing she wanted was a relationship with either of the two.

Chris was slowly becoming cleo's first priority, as well as he was. The two trusted each other with all their heart, and if either of them broke one another's trust, everything would be over. The two were technically together, but chris hadn't asked her yet.

Chris planned to ask cleo soon, very soon. He just wanted everything to go perfectly, so he had been planning the perfect way to finally ask her to be his. Something he'd wanted since her first party in oslo.

"Are you serious?" chris stifled a laugh as cleo refuses to take off a baby mask that she had picked up off of a random shelf.

"Do i look serious?" cleo asked, walking hand in hand with chris through the isles of walmart.

"No, you look 2 years old" chris replied, shaking his head at the girl. Cleo laughed, shaking her head causing the baby mask to fly off her head and onto the polished tiles.

Cleo pouted, and chris laughed.

"Will you try it on?" cleo asked, picking the mask up off the ground and offering it towards the brunette boy.

With a sigh, chris placed the mask on his head and started walking. Cleo burst out laughing, following him.

"I can barley fucking see through this thing" chris laughed, and cleo loved the sound of his wonderful voice.

As the two were about to step out from one of the isles, a young boy cake running with a shopping cart. The boy rammed into chris with the cart and chris fell, trying to catch his balance.

On the way down, chris managed to knock down two picture frames, which caused them to shatter against the tile.

Cleo stood there, dumbfounded, before she knew it she was rolling on the ground with laughter. Chris still had the mask on which only caused her to laugh more.

The two's laughter only continued as they watched the little boy run off in a hurry.

"Let's go before they see us" cleo jumped to her feet, clutching her stomach as well as chris.

Chris took the mask off and dropped it to the ground, walking with cleo.

"T-that was so fucking funny" chris and cleo we're still laughing their asses off as they exited the automatic doors.

"He looked petrified" cleo imagined the boys face and laughed more. She hadn't laughed so long for a long time, a very long time. It felt good.

Once the two entered chris's car, their laughing halted.

Chris's eyes gazed over the girl in appreciation, a familiar spark ran through his body when he did so.

Cleo faced the brunette boy, a small smile playing on her lips. Heat made its way up to her cheeks as he continued to stare at her.

"What?" cleo laughed, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I don't know how i managed to ever get so close to such an alluring human being, to someone so perfect as you" chris's words hit hone, and she was sure she was going to die from shock and the swarm of butterflies that always seemed to be after her.

Cleo bit her lip to keep her from looking like a five year old that had too much sugar, and that's exactly what she felt like at the moment.

"I think about the same thing every day, and i have for a while, you know?" cleo smiled at the boy, yet he remained quite.

"Trust me cleo, i'm no where near neither of those things" chris faces the windshield, the smile he held before was gone.

Cleo laughed, and shook her head, contemplating wether she should do what she really wants to do.

Without any more hesitation, cleo leaned closer to the boy and he turned his head at the same time.

"You're better than those things" cleo whispered, staring into his beautiful brown eyes.

Chris leaned in, and their lips met. They moved softly against each other, passionate and slow. Cleo's hand ran through his soft brunette hair, the other places on his shoulder.

Cleo pulled away, smiling like an idiot as well as chris.

Now it was chris's turn to decide whether he should do want he wants to do or not. He did.

"I love you, cleo" the words were spoken so beautifully, sending sparks down cleo's spine.

"I love you too, chris" cleo smiled, loving the feeling of getting it off her chest. She'd wanted to explain that to him for so long,but she was so scared.

Cleo placed her lips on his once more, and he pulled her into his lap with ease.

Cleo's hands snakes around his neck, and chris's right above the waistline on her back. The two smiled into the kiss before pulling away, staring into each other's eyes.

The two burst out laughing suddenly, feeling the rumble of their laughter radiate onto each other.

"We're so cliche, i love it" cleo laughed, leaning back. She accidentally leaned against the horn, causing a loud beep to echo through the parking lot.

"Fuck" cleo said, leaning forward again.

Chris bit his lip at the impact down below, praying that he didn't have a boner.

Instead he brushed it off, not caring about what he usually wanted. Since he'd met cleo, sex hadn't really been a big deal.

The two laughed again, shaking their heads before exiting the parking lot.