E I G H T E E N

IT was currently two a.m and all six girls slept either on the floor, sofa or cleo's bed. As they said, the girls stuck to their words and they would sleep over at cleo's house until she felt at ease.

Cleo's eyes were open, staring up at the ceiling that reflected the soft light of the moon that crept in through the uncovered window.

Her arms were above her head, her fingers locked together. Her mind never stopped it's frantic thinking, often keeping her awake at night.

Cleo turned her head, eyes focused on the glass picture frame that held the mesmerizing yet painful photo of her brother.

Her heart ached with many emotions when she looked at the photo, grief, sadness, anger, calmness.

Cleo jumped at the sudden buzz of her phone that sat on her nightstand, plugged into the charger.

She reached out for it, turning the brightness down before scrolling through the notifications on her phone.

Her eyes widened in surprise and she wondered why so many notifications had popped up from the boy she hadn't heard from in quite a while.

Even though cleo was still angry with the boy, more so jealous, her heart ached to hear his melodic voice that stuck out more than any other voice she had ever heard. She missed his chocolate orbs, his brunette locks, his perfect jawline so sharp she believed that one touch would split her finger open. His rosy lips so soft, and his perfectly curved nose. As much as she hated to admit it, she still had feelings for the boy and she feared that they would never go away.

Christoffer: I know you're probably mad at me, and i don't blame you. I would be pissed too. I know the last thing you wanna do is talk, but when it's with you that's the first thing i always wanna do. So please, please give me at least 10 minutes?

Christoffer: Cleo?

Christoffer: Can we meet at the park? the one by your apartment?

Christoffer: I promise i'll be quick. Please?

Christoffer: Cleo i really need to talk to you and explain what happened. I'm sorry.

Christoffer: please?

Cleo: I'll be there in 15 minutes.

With that, cleo quietly inched out of bed, carful not to wake up her friends. One, she didn't feel like being confronted on where she's going. Two, she simply wanted to get this over with.

Once cleo was out of bed, she grabbed a hoodie and stripped her shirt off before slipping the charcoal colored hoodie over her head and putting her arm threw the holes. She walked to her bathroom, brushed her teeth and wiped her mouth.

She decided to keep the shorts she was currently wearing on, not wanting to completely change.

She stared at the reflection in the mirror, shaking her head with disapproval.

Why are you doing this to yourself? cleo thought to herself.

She knew this was a mistake, but she decided to let her wants get the best of her, forgetting about her needs.

After she was done tearing herself down in the mirror, she slipped on her shoes and headed for the front door.

She locked the door behind her and began her walk towards the park. The cool breeze of the night air felt relaxing on her bare legs. 

Once she reached the park, the dark shadow of a figure was leaned up against one of the railings that connected to the asphalt road.

Chris didn't notice her presence, so cleo quietly approached him. She stood next to the boy, leaning against the railing as well.

Chris watched the girl do so, pulling the hood from his head revealing his hair. His brunette locks grew out some, causing them to fall against his forehead slightly.

Cleo bit her lip, missing the feeling of his soft hair between her pale fingers.

"Hey, cleo" chris nodded at the girl, stuffing his hands in his jean pockets.

"Hey, chris" cleo smiled softly, regretting it. She didn't wanna act normal in front of him, especially when the last thing she really wanted to do was smile.

"Are you okay?" chris asked, watching her facial expressions intently.

"I'm good, are you?" cleo replied, doing the same thing he had.

His expression turned blank, stepping forward, his breath was heavenly as it filled her senses.

"No cleo, you're not okay" chris muttered, and cleo gulped under his hard stare.

"Why do you say that, chris?" cleo asked, slipping her legs over the middle rail and leaning up against the top.

"I know when you're happy, your eyes are brighter and you smile more, your voice is lighter" chris explained, and cleo fought back a laugh.

"You know nothing" cleo tried her hardest to hold back her anger. Something she'd always dealt with. Once she was angry, everything came back and everything became harder to control. She was never one to open up, so she'd get angry over the slightest things.

"Cleo, i do. I do because as weird as it sounds i watch you, i observe. I like paying attention to you and only you. The only reason that happened with iben was because i didn't know what to do because i've never felt this way before and it's scary as hell, and i know you feel the same way" chris let out a sigh, staring at the girl who sat dumbfounded.

She never realized the boy was so much like herself, and that scared her for him.

Cleo moved from the railing, staring up at the stressed boy.

"Chris, tell me this please it's all i need to know. Do you have feelings for me or not?" cleo's tone was ambivalent as she locked eyes with the boy.

"Cleo, yes, yes i fucking have feelings for you. You don't realize how intoxicating you really are, this past week and a half i feel like i've been losing my mind because you've been on my mind 24/7 and you weren't with my. You've become my mind, and i feel like i lost you" chris was exasperated, his hands in the air.

Cleo did the unexpected, she wrapped her hands around his neck and pulled him down, placing her lips against his. Chris was surprised, and stiff at first. He relaxed the same moment cleo did, and ran his hands through her jet black hair.

He lifted her up on the railing, and she wrapped her legs around his waist. The movement of their lips were perfect together, fitting just right like they were made for each other.

Chris pulled away from the kiss, resting his forehead on hers. He smiled a wide, mesmerizing smile that caused cleo's heart to lurch out of place.

"You were the last person i thought i'd be running to, but here i am" cleo smiled, staring into his brown eyes that caused her body to go numb.

Chris smiled, and placed his lips onto hers once more. The two smiled into the kiss, before breaking away from each other.

the two wrapped their arms around each other, chris burying his face into cleo's neck and placing a soft kiss on her smooth skin. The two sat like that for a while, enjoying the warmth that radiated off of each other's bodies.

________________________________
Cliche? oops. Anyways i'm glad these two finally opened up.