Prologue

5 years ago...

I couldn't move. My whole body in pain. Moving my fingers would result in an intense amount of pain that burns into my hand and through my arm. I shouldn't believe that this was happening but I do. It's been going on since the day I could finally go to school. This was happening at five years old. It wasn't as bad as what is happening right now but a child still shouldn't have gone through this.

12 hours earlier...

I had just woken up from my sleep when my dad walked in wearing a business suit an tie. With a folder in hand ready to go to work even though it was Sunday but he decided to work today.

Dad narrowed his eyes at me from his place at my door. "I want this house clean when I get home an all homework from Friday finished by the time I get home from work, you hear me boy?" I look up at him an nod still afraid from last nights talk.

He sighs then closes the door behind him. I listen to his footsteps walk down the stairs and out the front door allowing me to release an breath I didn't realize I was holding. I was very much starving, being that I didn't eat last night so I went downstairs and into the kitchen to see cereal and toast already set on the table. I smiled and thought that dad most have been in a good mood today to have made me food to eat.

I took my time sitting down because my back and leg still hurts from the punishment my dad gave me last night. He had been drinking again an had lost a major deal at work. I also had forgot to clean up the living room.

I don't know my mother but when I was younger my dad would yell at me an tell me it was all my fault that she was gone. So as I got older I realized that what he meant is, it was my fault my mother was gone. So I always assumed that she either left or was dead.

Either way she left me with this monster who decides that I'm the perfect punching bag. Which is why I've started to stay out of his way and do everything he says cause sooner or later I'm going to move out and go to college with the money I was left from my mother. I found a note in my fathers draw and saw that my mother wrote a note that said all her money goes to me at 18. I hope she left enough for me to survive on my own cause I'm leaving as soon as I can.

I finished eating my food and cleaned up the kitchen before looking around the house for something else to clean. I don't like this but as soon as I finish I can call my friends and we can go out to play. My dad doesn't care where I go during the day just as long as I come back before 9:30 or it's punishment time.

I finished cleaning the house at about 3:16 so I still had time before dad got back. I like to leave when he is not home and he gets off of work at 5. I went back upstairs and into my small but tidy room and changed into a long sleeve blue Nike shirt and black shorts with a pair of sneakers.

I grabbed the basket ball and went out side to see my bike leaning against the wall. I put the ball into my basket on the front of my bike then slowly sit onto my bike before taking off down the road. My best friend Mike lives four blocks away from my house so I get a good exercise everytime I come here.

Mike was already outside leaning against his mom's car while talking to our other friend Selena. I've always liked Selena she was always so nice and kind to me she was also really beautiful.

"Hey guys," I called when I rolled down the driveway in front of them.

They both greet me an give me a warm smile. They both have always made me feel welcome an show me the love that I miss when I need it from my dad.

We all played with the ball I brought and Mike's mom brought us lemonade an sandwich's after a while of staying outside for two hours. We went inside an watched TV once the sky started getting cloudy. I always keep my eyes on the time cause I have a specific time I leave so I have enough time to get home before 9:30.